DevOps Jobs

@WolfTech716

I now have some free time to post something useful…

When interviewing Engineers, it’s often clear those that have good experience or in lieu of that at least own and refer to a copy of:

Easily one of the best books I own.

If you do end up working in a Windows environment, get a copy of this;

There are loads of good books out there, but for getting the basics right - especially for the Ops part where many application developers are really weak, these have been invaluable.

As a non-CS person and not a programmer I have found this very helpful from time-to-time (I no longer sit there thinking, these guys know what they are talking about… it’s helped me to frame questions to application and database developers correctly).

7 Likes

@BGL

I’ll make sure to pick up a copy of that, thanks for the recommendation!

I fully expect whichever job I could potentially get will have me involved in a Windows environment one way or another. So that book is getting added to the list!

That makes the book worth it hands down for me. Even if I don’t go super deep into programming or databases, being able to phrase questions the correct way will cause less hiccups and frustrations.

Thanks for the tips and recommendations, I’ll be sure to check them all out!

3 Likes

I have this book and when I feel the itch to figure out some metrics that’s my go to, it’s an awesome book!

5 Likes