Devember Time!

Hey guys, anyone wanna do the Devember challenge? :smiley:

For the uninitiated, Devember is a monthly challenge to code for 1 hour each and every day to accomplish a goal/project.

All willing, please create a thread and follow the rules in the link below. I shall update this for anyone who is willing to participate and hold accountable.

EDIT: I have created a public repo For my project. If you are interested in contributing, submit a PR.

Participants

11 Likes

neat. i might do that. will create a post if i do and link it here :smiley:

should have a contestants section and make note of those who succeed and those who fail (aka me XD)

4 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s a great idea. We should get a stickied topic.

@Eden
@wendell
@kreestuh

Can we get a sticky post about Devember?

3 Likes

Interesting. I might also do this. already have a fair few projects Iā€™ve been neglecting that I need to get back to.

3 Likes

Updated with a repo.

Iā€™m definitely participating ( privately ).

By the way, isnā€™t it about time, thereā€™s a discord channel for ā€œDevelopmentā€?

Edit: By the above ^ I mean a channel inside L1 discord.

1 Like

Thereā€™s lots out there. From my experience, they all seem to go kinda quiet after awhile.

A lot of us have jobs (at least here) and canā€™t sit in chat all day.

That why I think this challenge is neat, because it allows us to do it on our own time.

1 Like

I started a month agoā€¦ does it count? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

haha sure! Looks like youā€™ve got a headstart. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Pinned! Looking forward to seeing everyoneā€™s projects. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hmm. A couple small projects id like to do. Been wanting to get back onto programming.

3 Likes

Not sure Iā€™ll have time to participate. Iā€™ll definitely be available as a resource if anyone is stuck.

2 Likes

One small discrepancy with the contract.

Ill wear tight pants, but ya knowā€¦ Iā€™m not going to cut it off.

1 Like

Why not? It makes you twice as valuable to any tech company!

3 Likes

I might ask a few. Can we make a room in discord or irc for this?

I like that idea.

@kreestuh, discord room for development/coding?

So basically a coding version of the monthly occasional challenges we occasionally do on occasion?
Count me in, although I will start tomorrow, cause the rest of today I will be at work and will have no time to doā€¦

1 Like

I added one for the devember challenge, if it gets used a lot we can set it to be a general dev room at the end of the month. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Iā€™m in, but Iā€™m posting my log on my site, not in thread though, I despise forums these days.
Already been working on something, but this will just force me to commit to it!
https://e-scape.fail/rswiki/doku.php/nomadroot/devlog