Devember: Making my first game... in Roblox

Trails and “craters” are now tied to the player’s progression. Higher levels earn you cooler stuff!

This stuff is all on the server and I may have to completely redo it. But hopefully that will be easier than getting it done the first time!

Also in the video below, bananas are the final crater upgrade, because they make other people trip, and I thought that was cool. I might make that a micro transaction.

I kinda lost motivation to work on it, so I just powered through to the end and “finished” the thing.
It doesn’t have all the features I wanted, but at least it’s “done” and I can take a break to work on something else soon.
The final push included: adding microtransactions, adding an ending cutscene, rebalancing the upgrade costs, and bug fixes. Lots of bug fixes. (Who knew there would be more bugs in a 12 player server than a 3-player one? Certainly not I.)

Is it my complete vision? Not even close. But is it sitting in my IDE unfinished? Hell no.

1 Like

Here’s a quick screenshot dump.
the quick and dirty icon for the game
A funny avatar I saw another player using
Final UI for the shop menu

Here’s a link to the game! It’s playable if you’re insane enough to install Roblox!