Devember in October - Project Hydrogen API - A Ticketing System

I did a fucky wucky last night because git wouldn’t accept me to remote to master, but let me do to main

then when I pushed I needed to merge the motherfucker coz apparently there’s still master somehow…

it was supposed to be just practice stuff and now I won’t lose time fixing it, just gonna pump pr and merge as if I knew what I’m doing

thanks, github

ps:

apparently I created master somehow

will look into gitlab soon enough

edit2: will checkout master into main and see if it works

1 Like

I’m actually using gitlab and my primary branch remains master

Oh, you mentioned that.

Yeah, I use vim as my primary editor anyways, so I’m actively searching for a solution.

I did a search around their issue tracker and found this:

Currently not possible to use an existing repo, so I’m going to have to figure it out.

1 Like

cURL works just fine for me :stuck_out_tongue:
But the auto doc feature of postman is exciting.

1 Like

https://blog.bitsrc.io/vs-codes-rest-client-plugin-is-all-you-need-to-make-api-calls-e9e95fcfd85a

Not sure if anyone using VScode but decided to leave this here for anyone interested.

Thanks for sharing!

At the moment though we’re just working on sorting out some api calls.

GORM is picky about things so there is some technical overhead we’re dealing with because neither of us knows it that well.

Once we get into the automated testing we’ll need to divise a way to test the api automatically in the pipeline.

1 Like

Yeah, so I just don’t see Insomnia being stable enough to use for now, I’ll continue using Postman for the forseeable future. I’m going to just make separate collections for public docs and e2e tests, I guess.

I’m trying to design the Access Control paradigm right now. This has never really been something I’ve been able to design to satisfaction yet, so suggestions are welcome.

So to keep on this subject of access control:

Welp.

This thread’s been dead for a week or so. I’m still working on ACLs. I’ve split it out into a separate project, which I’ll publicizeicate when it’s got the base features ready.

You could also look into swagger for interactive documentation.

The postman docu youve got going on seems fine too though. Didnt know it can do that. I just used postman/insomnia as rest clients. Curious about wether or not you considered swagger and what would be your reason for using postman or insomnia instead.

1 Like

First I’m hearing of Swagger.

I learned about Postman like years ago, when I was first learning to do MEVN stacks, and it’s been rattling around in my head ever since. Recently found out about their CI/CD capabilities.