Devember 2018

My progress is very slow and I try not to let the excuse count that I know very little programming. However from an overall learning experience this challenge is amazing how much I learned even though I have no useful code yet.

What is the natural work cycle of you guys? I usually work 5 to 6 hours straight on a single thing and not spread in 1 hour intervals over every day.

How about you?

Edit: lol, I am so tired I made so many typos and incoherent sentences it’s not even funny.

1 Like

I don’t have big stretches of time at the moment. Maybe in the weekends, but I think X4: Foundations will be eating up that time.
I have been doing an hour before work (working 10-6 this and next week), or maybe an hour after if I am a bit tired.

I am not getting a massive amount of work done, but am consistently working on it. Definitely learning new things about Unity. Now seeing how thorough the mono C# programming is, and getting used to c#. Only used VB.Net to build programs before. Boils down to the same thing pretty much, just different syntax.

2 Likes

I have a huge list of tiny goals and I go for one…
If I wasn’t as bad of it (I say rusty to feel better) it would usually take like 20 minutes. I do it for an hour cause I always forget something…
But yeah, I have a list of tiny goals I need to finish. Manageable bite sized goals, that are small to be easily achievable and still showing progress, so not to bring the mindset of “I’m working 3 days and have no progress”. I already have 4 goals completed, cause I remade the last 2 things…

2 Likes

I like to work in short intense bursts. Usually between an hour or three. I learn at my own pace and struggled in school because of that. It’s why I like online learning; I feel I am learning more going at my own pace in 6 days than I did in an entire year of computer studies at school.

2 Likes

My apologies for the lack of updates.

I had a small financial emergency. Still programmed, just didn’t blog about it. Will do so now.

1 Like

Tiring, but still motivated :slight_smile: I am using R at work, and this project definitely makes sure I don’t forget python! But sometimes I feel like I am a bit schizophrenic… is it = or <- ? length () or len () ? paste0 (‘a’,‘b’) or ‘a’ + ‘b’ ? dim () or .shape ? …

1 Like

Ok, although I didn’t even realize how much stuff I have forgotten. Granted that Java and Python have little bit different syntax, but still I thought I would have advanced much further than where I’m right now. Others doing some crazy stuff and I’m like “OOOH look at that, lists are working!”

But I’m glad I participated to this challenge. Without peer pressure I would have given up already.

3-5 hours of continuous work, which includes little over an hour of productive time and rest is procrastination. :grin:

3 Likes

@AnotherDev

3 Likes

Go Vue or go home master race.

1 Like

Great video. The end was cool, where he showed all three frameworks on the same application lol.

1 Like

So, I’ve fallen really far behind. But, it’s been for good reasons.

Got some awesome projects at work that I’ve been working “overtime” for. I also have some new hardware at home that has caused me to get distracted standing all of that up.

But, Go is still a priority and enjoyable for me. Just sharing the load :grin:

2 Likes

I’m also starting to fall in love with Mithril.

1 Like

The fact that it’s in Guild Wars 2 is reason enough to use it lmao.

1 Like

It’s all about putting the work in every day and learning stuff!

1 Like

Yeah… About that…
Most of us kinda failed at the whole “every day” thing. Haven’t given up do… Today and tomorrow will throw in some efforts and if time allows it may try and get back into digital drawing, cause it didn’t go well last time

1 Like

But I get it, stuff happens. Just do your best!

2 Likes

Sorry for the off topic but, oh boy, I think I have to burn some money and get bigger monitor. I even moved the dock to my second monitor to get more space. :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah …
The thing is, yesterday I had no time for that. Whatever free time I had I used to make dinner. Now that I already have dinner for tonight as well, I have couple hours free.
So I will Ballance it out.

2 Likes

Can you get another 1080 or even 1440 and put it sideways next to your main to put the web page on?

1 Like