Deus Ex - Remake

I know that there are a lot of Deus Ex fans and a lot of mods to make the original game look better. The universe of Deus Ex is amazing, the gameplay is in my opinion very complex, but in a good way. The first game in the series that I played was Human Revolution and I liked it a lot. I bought the original Deus Ex on Steam, but I never actually got to actually finish it, which is unfortunate. The graphics would always push me away and there wasn't the nostalgia to keep me going, but I hope I'll finish it this summer.

After I played Black Mesa Source, a thought occured to me: why can't somebody do the same thing with Deus Ex?! Of course, it would be hard nonetheless, but I am looking forward to start such a project. I do not know if there is such a project ongoing or an initiative yet, but I want to hear the opinion of the community and the fans about this.

Lastly, I want to elaborate on what I mean by "remake" - better graphics, better visual art style, better animations, smarter AI etc., nothing that changes the core gameplay or the story. 

I think if this project would actually happen and succeed, more people will want to try out such an exceptional game. What do you think about it?

1 Like

Many people have come up with similar ideas, however Deus Ex inspires fanboyism like no other game. These propositions have generally been shot down by fanboys looking at the horrendously outdated original through rose colored glassed, usually justified by an aversion to "corrupting" the original, like it's some holy artifact.

I don't think it's that...I just personally wouldn[t play a remake.  I don't want my memories of the first game to become blurred.  I don't think anyone's trying to stop anyone from making it, I just don't think there's an audience for it.  

It would be great if you had 2 modes true original(exact copy beter graphics) and then a seperate mode that has tweaks new items added and maybe some bonus missions,

When it comes to 3D games, I'm always down for updated graphic remakes or otherwise mods. It feels weird to know your computer is capable of making a game look beautiful and yet spending 100 hours on a game that's dated in an unflattering way. It's still totally replayable because the gameplay is great, but a graphical facelift could inspire a new generation of gamers to explore this great game.

Look at the dates prior to posting. this thread is two years old..

you're not going to get a response OP hasn't been on the forum since March..