Deus Ex: Mankind Divided confirmed real [Trailer for Game]

Continuing the discussion from The Lounge:

So here's the deal. I wasn't sure if this was real or not. I dug into this. I was talking about in the lounge area and then found yeah we are getting a sequel to Deus Ex Human Revolution. Not much is know about the title at the moment. It will be on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

Update with quote from Game Informer:

Here is what Game Informer had to say about the game and when it takes place:

Set in 2029, two years after the events of Human Revolution, Adam Jensen returns and joins forces with an Interpol-funded task force aiming to hunt down and capture augmented terrorists in a world that now hates and fears transhumans. Jensen has a new suite of augmentations that allow him to cleverly navigate stealth, combat, and social interactions, but how Jensen chooses to solve every problem is entirely up to you.

At the end of Human Revolution, the Illuminati caused every transhuman to go into a fight-or-flight response and attack anyone near them. In the next issue of Game Informer, you can find out how this event caused humanity to hate and fear those with augmentations. We spent two days in Eidos-Montreal's studio, talking with the team and learning about how they build a realistic future. We go in depth on some of Jensen's new augmentations that help improve the stealth and combat systems, such as the ability to remote hack electronic objects, fire off his nano blade from a distance, and surround himself with a nearly indestructible nanoshield. We also got some great examples on how the game will be as open ended as ever, allowing players to carve their own path through the world. You can only get these details in the latest issue of Game Informer.

Update: 4/8/2015
Official Announcement Trailer has just gone live:

Eidos Montreal Description of game (http://kotaku.com/watch-the-first-trailer-for-deus-ex-mankind-divided-1696500974):

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided takes place in 2029, two years after the events of Human Revolution and the infamous ‘Aug Incident’ in Panchaea that resulted in the death of millions at the hands of those who had installed augmentations. This event has created a huge divide between those who have augmentations, and those who do not. Amongst this emotional turmoil are various factions looking to manipulate the public by twisting public opinion of augmentation to further their own agenda and hide the truth of what really happened.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided also continues the story of Adam Jensen, a former biotech company security chief turned super-augmented, anti-terrorist agent playing by his own rules. Jensen has been empowered with all new augmentations, enabling him and the player a greater sense of self-control as they explore all new locations in-game. As social and political tensions reach a major turning point, Jensen and conspiracies surrounding the Illuminati continue toward an inevitable crossroads … and possibly, an epic showdown

The original music composer for Dues Ex Human Revolution Michael McCann is also making the music for Deus Ex Mankind Divided.

Here is link to listen to the music from the trailer, Eidos Montreal posted it on Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/eidosmontreal/dxng-trailer-v15-music-24bit-48khz/s-xGG7x

1 Like

console only?

Also on PC.

1 Like

I'd love to see another Deus Ex, but I don't think the game on a poster is a sequel - how can it be? Adam died at the end of the HR. Also, there isn't much time between Human Revolution (prequel) and the first Deus Ex to have another game stuck in.

1 Like

I'm not clicking on that kotaku link.

Here is what Game Informer had to say about the game and when it takes place:

Set in 2029, two years after the events of Human Revolution, Adam Jensen returns and joins forces with an Interpol-funded task force aiming to hunt down and capture augmented terrorists in a world that now hates and fears transhumans. Jensen has a new suite of augmentations that allow him to cleverly navigate stealth, combat, and social interactions, but how Jensen chooses to solve every problem is entirely up to you.

At the end of Human Revolution, the Illuminati caused every transhuman to go into a fight-or-flight response and attack anyone near them. In the next issue of Game Informer, you can find out how this event caused humanity to hate and fear those with augmentations. We spent two days in Eidos-Montreal's studio, talking with the team and learning about how they build a realistic future. We go in depth on some of Jensen's new augmentations that help improve the stealth and combat systems, such as the ability to remote hack electronic objects, fire off his nano blade from a distance, and surround himself with a nearly indestructible nanoshield. We also got some great examples on how the game will be as open ended as ever, allowing players to carve their own path through the world. You can only get these details in the latest issue of Game Informer.

1 Like

how about one of these links ?:
http://www.pcgamer.com/deus-ex-mankind-divided-details-leak/

1 Like

Oh snap I better start saving my pennies for this haha

Much better.

I wondered why we hadn't seen much of Qain lately - must have been busy mo-capping for this.....

3 Likes

Here is video from Game Informer, where some cg footage is shown of the new game:

The footage of the game starts at around the 41 second mark. There isn't that much footage.
I wouldn't be surprised if we got a teaser trailer for the game soonish.

1 Like

Official Annoucement Trailer has just gone live:

1 Like

Tasty, loved Human Revolution, we'll see what comes with this.

1 Like

I hope this one is better than Human Revolution, I tried playing it a while back. Never really grabbed me. I should probably go back and play to original.

1 Like

PLEASE don't let this be just a 'sequel' or a Crysis Deus ex mod

Funny that this trailer and the one for HR has you using your blade arms like it's free but for HR anyways you had to upgrade to use it on two enemies and even then it was for stealth never straight up action. Still excited.

Dues Ex was great, Human Revolution was great (except those boss fights :/ ), the music was great in both. Heres hoping they improve on HR. Id love more imersiveness, move people, more atmosphere. HR did a pretty good job of that, but you still kind of knew you were blocked in to areas.

Hot damn. I really just got into Deus Ex recently and am totally hooked. This looks incredible (though all game trailers look flashy) but I'm concerned about how the plot will deal with the ending of Human Revolution. Like @Tylnesh said there's not much time btwn Human Revolution and this Deus Ex.

1 Like

The game is set after the Panchaea disaster. If you like go play again, he only dies in one ending. he survives in all the others (if memory serves me). So there is masses of time between HR and Deus Ex, around 40-50 years or so.

Now im listening to the music again. Anyone try and tell me it isnt good, i could listen to it all day.

@Tylnesh @jajone4 if you like heres the endings

-Spoilers-