Desktop Speakers

I'm tired of the crappy usb speakers I've been using for a past few months and would like to upgrade to something that would actually be enjoyable to listen to music on.

Any recommendations for what products to buy, and how to set them up ?
Under $200 is a must, with as close to $150 as possible being ideal (United States Dollars)

for that budget you're better off with a usb dac/interface and some open backed ear phones (beyer DT 770/880 pros, and something like a uporia 222 for interfacing are good choices)

pretty much every speaker system under 200 ranges from "garbage" to "edge of listenable." go for the headphones, or add around 30 to your budget and get something like a pair of

For a decent experience at $200 or less, you are in headphone territory (Speakers for $200 is still cheese grade territory).

For best bang for your buck headphones, take a look at the RBH HP-2s: https://rbhsound.com/hp2.php

They defeat many $500 units in reviews.

These are great. Have a set myself

3 Likes

I have these, too. Still work after 4 years.
Best bang for the buck as far as "PC" speakers go. As others have said elsewhere, home theater is really the way to go if you have the money for ~$500 speakers.

If you're the DIY type, consider making your own speakers! You can buy kits with everything you need provided you have your own lumber and the tools. Speakers are not that complex.

1 Like

I know this is an old topic.

For future reference, You can often times find some kick ass receivers at good will in fully working condition for like 20-50 bucks.

That leaves you wide open to get some decent passive speakers.

The Audioengine A2's are quite decent. I have had mine for about 6 years and they are still rock solid. Very versatile in regards to inputs and outputs, I paired mine up to a powered sub woofer once I started using them for more than just desktop use. I am sure there are deals to be had if you look around. My roommate got the A2+'s and I am pretty jelly as he has even more IO's. He has had nothing but good things to say about them, too.

http://audioengineusa.com/Store/A2-plus-Powered-Desktop-Speakers

Why not try bluetooth speakers ? they are just amazing … you buy a good one under 50 bucks and still rock the house … no cable no mess …

my personal preference is the COMISIO speaker… It offers powerful performance, a built-in 5200 mAh rechargeable battery that can play up to 20 hours, a built-in mic Bluetooth speaker and hands-free function.

It comes with Bluetooth 4.0 speaker connectivity, and it has a range of about 33 feet.

This speaker also remembers the most recent eight devices that have been used, and it automatically reconnects to any of them.

also look this top 10 review to find your fit http://10hightech.com/best-bluetooth-speakers/

Necropost

Please check the last post date when you’re replying to a thread. We typically let threads more than 30 days old die.

This one hasn’t been posted to in 7 months, prior to your response. I doubt OP is still looking for speakers.

1 Like

This thread was brought back five months after the last post. The post was a very clever spam post. The post has been deleted. This is considered a necro. Necros are not allowed. This thread is locked.