Dell S2721QS vs LG 27UL850-W

Dear All,

This is my 1st post at this forum, after invitation from a good friend, so that I can read very interesting subjects and answer several of my questions on Software, Hardware, OS, Development, queries and thoughts!!

One of my 1st questions concerns my intended buy of a new 27" UHD monitor and I have end up at 2 models, the following:

• Dell S2721QS
  • LG 27UL850-W

I need my monitor for general office use, development and operations (Unix/Linux scripting, Advanced SQL, monitoring tools, XML, Soap UI, etc.), but also for occasional gaming at HD but also when possible at 4K (even with limited detail specs), watching 4K/HD movies and 4K/HD youtube and similar videos, etc.

Dell appears to be better build quality and is G-Sync compatible.
LG appears to have slightly better response times and has also USB-C input option.

Also, 1 question here, which might help me to decide: I need to connect to my monitor both my main PC (Display Port) and also my work laptop using the mini DP port and to connect this at the USB-C input. Do you know if the latter is possible?? Because when I search I find results only for USB-C towards DP/mini DP but nowhere I can find any reports/articles for the opposite connectivity, meaning mini DP towards USB-C.
If you know the answer to this question, that might help me to decide, in favour of LG, or else I might possibly prefer the Dell.

Thank you very much, in advance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome.

I trust you will blend in well here. People are very helpful and knowledgeable.

The friend. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.