Dell PE T610 + Crossflashed PERC H200 issues

Hey guys,

So i recently acquired a Dell Poweredge T610 from work. 2 x Xeon 6 core 5650s, 48 gigs of RAM, and i have enough drives to populate all the bays.

I would like to run Proxmox on this beast and finally put my old gen 3 2950 to rest. The problem is this thing came with a PERC H700. No problem, i did some research and bought a PERC H200 off ebay. After a bit of tinkering i managed to flash it to the Dell IT firmware successfully.

So now the problem: I was under the impression that as long as the card in the PCIe "storage" slot was recognized as a dell integrated controller that the system would have no problems. I've come to find out that when i try to boot the server with the H200 in the "storage" slot (c'mon Dell quit being snowflakes its a regular goddamn PCIe slot) the system spits out an error saying "invalid pcie card found in the internal storage slot: system halted".

The easiest solution is to just move the H200 to a regular PCIe slot and use longer cables, but that's an expense i'd rather avoid if possible. Does anyone know of a way to beat this beast into submission and force it to take the H200 in it's special slot?