Dedicated input for 3.5 mic? bypass realtek audio

so i own a modmic but coming about the problem with drivers where my mic just goes in audible, uninstalling realtek has fixed the problem 100% but i installed older drivers to just have a driver on my system you know? i do use a fiio e10k for my headphones so i could go without realtek, but my mic is what is left.

are there amps for mics that are 3.5 like the fiio e10k is for headphones?

Hey Vesp,

Joe here from Antlion Audio! Realtek is such a hit and miss thing, it's very strange. One simple option is to get a USB DAC stick and plug only the mic into it, leaving the headphones on your e10ks. That will cost 6-10 USD and should solve all your issues.

Other than that, it sounds like uninstalling Realtek worked, so why worry about it? Not having the Realtek drivers doesn't appear to be causing you any system instability, right? It's not like having the driver is somehow better, unless you were using the realtek software for your headphones, right?

So, two options: Do nothing, if it works now don't sweat it. Or pick up a USB stick for a few bucks on Amazon (or others). We sell one, but it is honestly cheaper to go with Sabrent's: https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-External-Adapter-Windows-AU-MMSA/dp/B00IRVQ0F8

1 Like

Onboard sound.... don't even bother. I just disable it and use USB solutions for everything. You might already have something like that if you owned a USB headset before. I have a Sennheiser (labeled) one from a dead headset and it does the trick.

1 Like

well ill be damned. nice to meet you :).

yea ill look at that option as ive had issues with my 3.5 jacks causing interference on this board. now would the ant lion USB jack you sell work or just with mac? i use windows.

yea having come from macs and alienwares ive never had those issues im expeirenceing now. but now ive joined the high end pc club the audio is so bad built in. only ever had good audio on 1 board from like 10 years ago >.>.

and ive looked i do not have a splitter from a old headset i thought i had.

Yeah.
Integrated audio on macs is rarely amazing but it never sucks.
Integrated audio on PCs is rarely acceptable but never amazing.
And soundcards can be ok now and horrible tomorrow because driver or Windows or ... reasons.

Most USB stuff just works. On Windows, macOS and Linux. Because USB Audio is actually a standard.

1 Like

@AAJoe,

It's nice to see people from companies I like on the forum!

From what you and @noenken are saying, I could completely leave behind my realtek crap on-board sound? Just by going to USB?

Frankly I'm shocked by this. I thought to improve my sound I had to buy a freaking sound card and/or DAC/amp (the latter of which is indeed on my list). The realtek implementation is frankly the single worst part of my entire motherboard, so this is great if I'm not misinterpreting.

1 Like

Yep, pretty much exactly. When I have mine plugged in everything changes to C-media driver (not the realtek option).

1 Like