Decrapify Windows 10 (March 4th 2018 edition)

Sorry for bumping the topic.

Lurker here. I decided to post to give my support and thanks to @The_Guy for this very comprehensive, easy to follow and noob friendly guide. Thank you for your time and patience.

I like to believe that windows has become a little less “crapified” thanks to people who complain and bash about things like these. If we were all to stay quiet, nothing would never get better.

4 Likes

At this point, i’m sure Microsoft is totally taking the piss to see just how much they can get away with before either people rebel or the money they need to pay to the politicians becomes too much.

Maybe they’re actively trying to get people off WIndows 10 so they can go back to being an application developer. Because if that’s what i wanted to do, then firing the QA team and making Windows as invasive as possible would be a possible strategy.

The fact that we need a multi-page technical guide to even try to de-crapify windows to this extent is an example of total failure of both the legal system and the “free market”.

1 Like

It only partially achieves. The true of the matter is that MS is learning from all this and combining things in a way that to try… is to break the OS. While they have not completely made it to that point, they are actively pursuing it.

2 Likes