Deciding: Divinity: Original Sin II or Total War: WARHAMMER II

Hi all -

It’s been a while since I’ve spent much time gaming. My last longest stint was Dota 2 and I aim to get back to it (at somepoint!).

That said, what are your thoughts on Divinity: Original Sin II vs Total War: WARHAMMER II?

The former just got named a Gamespot 10/10 Classic.

Others on my list -

• Witcher 3 // I need to make a better effort to play beyond 30 mins
  • GTA V // I may get bored quickly?
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider // I’m about 1-2 hrs away from the end, maybe I should finish this first?
  • Overwatch // Been giving this a try; it’s alright for a quick skirmish, but I don’t see myself becoming super attached.

As you may have figured out by now, I tend to tire of repetitive games quickly and prefer RTS type games. That said, I’ve poured hours upon hours into Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain… so there’s that.

Divinity 2 is awesome :smiley:

1 Like

Another for Divinity OS/2 Warp…

Side joke. Sorry. But yes it is a fantastic game.

Divinity is an rpg, while total war is a genre of itself… There isn’t really much of a comparison basis.
Honestly, I would go for Divinity for my personal preference of RPGs and recent dislike of overly complicated strategy games.

1 Like

I haven’t played Total War: WARHAMMER II yet but the first one was solid. Been going through Divinity Original Sin II and can say it’s a solid RPG. Both will offer tactics and strategy in different ways and both will have plenty of options to have new games feel totally different. Both have the option to play solo or in co-op with friends.

The other games on your list will easily cover hours of game time. Witcher 3 and GTA V have long story campaigns (SP). Rise of the Tomb Raider is shorter but an enjoyable story though I don’t see much for it’s multiplayer mode. Overwatch is great if you’re looking for something quick to join with fast paced combat.

If you’re stuck on the fence, play what you have and check twitch streams out for the games you are interested in and see if they fit what you’re looking for.

1 Like

Great idea, thanks @retnil

Hi all - I’m getting a DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error rather frequently, within the first 10-15 mins of starting the game. Very similar to issues reported here:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/435150/discussions/0/1519260397784569760/

• Win 10 is at the latest update
  • Upgraded to latest nvidia driver
  • Uninstalled RivaTuner
  • Disabled GeForce Experience ‘Share’ overlay-thing.

Got some minor OCing in Afterburner for my GTX1080 but that’s it. Thoughts?

I have yet to have a single game crash from Divinity, and that is including all the time I played it in alpha / beta.

It seems to be nvidia specific?