Decently High Overclocks on an i5-3570k

I've been lurking here for a while and just thought I would share some of the overclocks that i'm getting with my 3570k, I don't have screenshots at the moment as i'm using my surface pro to write this but it is as follows:

4.4ghz @ 1.2v max temp. 67 degrees

I'm running an h100i in quiet mode without a phantom 410's fan controller set to lowest possible, for those that don't know, the 3570k is stock 1.25v @ 3.4ghz turbo 3.8ghz

I was just curious if other people get results like this, I don't know if my CPU is underperforming or overperforming but a bunch of my friends say I got pretty lucky, so I thought I would ask you guys.

i dont have the same cpu as you do.
But 67°C with a ivybridge cpu at 4.4GHz is a great temp

It'll probably annoy you to say I get 55 DegC running Prime95 with small FTT and using a Noctua NH-C14 on my i5-3570K 4.4 GHz @ 1.2v. However I've spent a fair amount of time optimising my CPU by de-lidding and setting up the air flow in my HAF XB system case. Such as using an EVGA 980 Ti Hybrid to dump all the GPU heat externally with it's radiator.

That doesn't annoy me at all, those are some pretty wicked temps. If I de-lid, i bet i'll be pretty close as well, I have the common issue with the 3570k that most people have where 2 cores are much hotter than the other 2, my 2 cores idle at 12-20 degrees while my other two idle at around 22-36.

2500k 1.48v 5.1ghz 40'c to 50'c

1 Like

I've owned mine for several years and never did much other than set the turbo to 4.2GHZ and left everything else default. After I refreshed the IHS it did lower overall temps a few degs but yeah my coolest and hottest cores are ~8 deg apart now under load which is better then before.

Hmmm maybe I'll have a go for a 5.0GHz OC myself one day but it'll be just before I upgrade to a Skylake system ... or maybe that'll be why I have to upgrade again in a hurry :)