Sound won’t work at all! Whenever I type “pulseaudio” into console, it hits back with:
E: [pulseaudio] pid.c: Daemon Already Running E: [pulseaudio] main.c: pa_pid_file_create() failed.
Typing “pulseaudio -D” gets:
E: Daemon Startup Failed.
I have tried:
- pulseaudio --kill, pulseaudio --start
- sudo apt purge pulseaudio, sudo apt install pulseaudio
- sudo chown username:username -R /home/username
- Editing default.pa to force a default sink
- Deleting /.config/pulse/ and then doing pulseaudio --kill, pulseaudio --start
- Setting the sound device in KDE’s sound options
Yet despite all these efforts the problem persists. On my laptop with the same distro, it returns the same error, except sound playing is selective.
I’m completely lost, I’ve been looking all over the internet for a solution but I haven’t found anything. To be clear, I’m using buster, not sid.