Death of my Spacebar - Need suggestions

Mechanical keyboards, the competition is crazy anymore. But I feel overall the improvements have been minor at best. Additions of optical key switches seems interesting, but lets be honest the reaction time is likely meaningless for even most of the best of the best.

So this brings me to my Steelseries G6v2 that I bought off of ebay what back in 2006-07. The board has lasted very well. But the spacebar support brackets have given way. It seems that being poorly packed in a shipping container isn’t ideal for keyboard life. While I probably can fix it I figure what better time than to jump into something new?

I bought my father a K70 a few years ago, its a nice keyboard, don’t get me wrong. Yet, the cost is so prohibitive.
Furthermore, I would really like to see some kind of advancement?

This leads me to the HAVIT Extra Thin Mechanical Keyboard
I think I might miss the numpad, but Jelly Comb seems like a functional solution while also saving me desk space when not needed (finally something else to put under my monitor instead of just keys!

Thoughts? I like the idea of less hand hovering. Overall reviews have been rather positive. Yet, I am concerned that paid promotion is a issue without disclosure.

Havit is a low budget brand and as such might at least be a little more prone to failure. At least not nearly as sturdy as your old 6Gv2 tank, but if on the other hand you’re looking for a mechanical keyboard with lower height then this Havit product does give you something that is not too commonly available. Buy from a reputable vendor that doesn’t hassle with returns in case of a manufacturing defect.

I have a Cooler Master cherry mx blue keyboard that I bought for $70 on Amazon. The Quickfire keyboards are discontinued now but here is a link to the replacement. https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MasterKeys-Tenkeyless-Mechanical/dp/B072JBFJB4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1506716734&sr=8-4&keywords=mechanical+keyboard+cooler+master

It’s my backup keyboard since I got a Logitech G413 with Romer-G switches, but only because I prefer The romer-Gs over cherry switches.