DDWRT Dead WAN port

EDIT: Fixed via workaround using Tomato and utilizing one of the wireless channels as a wireless ethernet bridge. This way I can have wireless 5Ghz from the router, 2.4Ghz and wired through the modem from ATT.
Still looking into maybe trying to RMA it but we will see...

Hello!

I recently got a good deal on an ASUS RT-AC66U gigabit AC router. While I was ecstatic when I got it, it seems like the WAN port is dead and will not accept an incoming signal from my modem or a switch.

Basically, I've looked into setting up VLAN to enable one of the other ports to act as the incoming WAN port but can't seem to get it to work. Have any of you done this with this model or any other?

Would love some help figuring it out!

Did it work before being flashed with DDWRT?

This, DD-WRT is a buggy mess, I highly recommend Tomato over it, and I think most Asus routers can get Pandevans which is amazing (prolly spelt wrong)

Negative, I even reflashed the stock firmware.

I'll give tomato a shot!

I know in older versions of the linksys routers, they used two different types of NIC's for the ports. The switched side (LAN) would be one hardware and the WAN side would be a different hardware. DDWRT would not support one or the other OR it would have problems with translation across the hardware.

Also, you could be running into a physically dead port. Hardware does die from time to time.
If the WAN port is dead using the stock flash, it is probably physical death.

You might be able to get lucky by removing one of the LAN side ports from the LAN bridge and dedicate it to the WAN side. In DDWRT this could be done under the Setup -> VLANs tab. Be aware, you might reduce or improve your network speed by doing that. But it will allow you to keep the hardware in play.

Yeah this is what I was trying to do but it doesn't seem to work. I think I had heard something about it not working with gigabit?

Did you try the newer Brainslayer release? The official release was listed as 2013-04-19. The latest BS release is 2014-12-22 it was listed in the "Other Downloads" link. Sometimes the old "official" release is complete garbage for some routers. My older buffalo had issues with the Official release but worked fine with a BS release. Always do a full flash and 30/30/30.

Here:
Link to download page: http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F2014%2F12-22-2014-r25697%2Fasus-rt-ac66u%2F

Direct Link:
http://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2014/12-22-2014-r25697/asus-rt-ac66u/dd-wrt-25697-Asus_RT-AC66U.trx