Dawn of War 3

Pre installing now, game unlocks tomorrow.

Been looking forward to this for quite a while now.

Anyone else going to be playing it?

Really missed the base building etc.

I've got it pre-ordered myself. Kinda annoyed there's no Chaos at launch though.

1 Like

I've been thinking about it. Although everything i see does not make the $60 price seem reasonable at all. It's another "we'll add dlc later game" although they have said the dlc will be free. I'm still on the fence but I'll probably but it v

I tried the open beta. It takes a little while to get used to but it is fun. I wouldn't buy it for $60. I'm sticking to Planetary Annihilation: Titans.

I'm already disappointed by it

I would say wait to see what the DLC looks like and get it at a cheaper price. The multiplayer (power core) is really good but its the only mode. The three races are diverse but I would wait for the rest of the cast from Retribution to come out as DLC. Unless the campaign is amazing its not worth $60 in its current state.

I want to play as Tau.

I haven't played the open beta, and despite the negative reactions, I'm probably still going to get it.

The gameplay I've seen on youtube looks fun. I understand the criticisms about the aesthetics etc, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

The only thing that concerns me is what seems like too much of a focus on hero/elite units. From what I understand, you have to accumulate in game currency to unlock additional elite unit choices. This means people with more time invested will potentially have elite unit combos you won't be able to effectively counter until you grind sufficiently.

From what I could see, you get a lot from doing the campaign.

NVM then. I'm just glad there isn't a micro transaction store.

Played about 10 minutes of the first campaign last night, it was late so I couldn't really get into it.

1440p, everything maxed and > 60fps.. so no complaints about its performance at launch.

From what I saw of the actual gameplay though it looked good.

Wait until later levels, performance goes to shit. At least it did for me.