Davinchi resolve on linux

I’m running Resolve on OpenSUSE. But it can be made to work on almost any distro - it might just need creating a bit of symlinks to the libaries as it expects CentOS/RHEL naming scheme. There are topics about it on Blackmagic Forums.
The bad news that on Linux you won’t hear audio unless you buy a Decklink card. On a good side - even the cheapest one (mini monitor) will do.
From what I’ve read devs were complaining about state of audio on Linux - mostly about problems with latency (which sadly is still a thing). While it’s ok for regular use it’s a bit trickier for professional one (and don’t even get me started on JACK). I can see their point.

I’ve read that you can use the intensity card too for sound. Do you know if that is true?

I remember when you could demo it for free. Im far from an editor but I do like to hear how products work. I learnt blender for video editing with about 5 hours on youtube and some practice. It seems everyone on youtube is adobe or die.

There is a free ver. Of the new 14

1 Like

Well I finally got it to work! Right now I’m using a older fx cpu with a 990fx motherboard, apparently that 990fx isn’t friendly with Linux. I had to enable iommu to get it to install.
Ok so I installed resolve. But it won’t load. I think it is a opencl thing. I have a hd7950 right now, what the best way to install the right driver?

Anyone have any tips for and hd7950 and antergos?