DarkMatter

I can’t explain why but I clicked on DarkMatter on Netflix and despite many cringe worthy elements I found myself hooked. Any other DarkMatter fans here?

It really does grow on you, the actress that plays the android is awesome she’s what kept me watching to begin with and the fact it was the brain child of old mate David Howlett from Stargate Atlantis mostly it’s a bit of a shame it got cancelled right when the black ships arrived from the dying universe to conquer our universe.
The most cringy thing for me was when they had ruby rose on the show, It turned out to be a really good one episode appearance though.

1 Like

yes android was the coolest character. Not only “David Howlett” lol Howlett, but Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie were on stargate too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I watch it… I like it.

1 Like

@TheRabidTech Ha! I didn’t realize the John Wick girl was the service android haha.

Yeah the actress that played ‘android’ was awesome, she did accents perfectly, and could play the dry android and then a spunky human. Too many actors just play themselves and do not seem wide ranging, but she seems to be very versatile.

I initially couldn’t stand 3, but 3 grew on me more and more.

I’ve really enjoyed the show myself, though I felt the last season wasn’t as good as previous seasons. I still enjoyed it, but it had a lot of moments of pulling me out of the zone while watching it with things that just weren’t done well, and it seemed they tried to shove too much in quickly.

I think the biggest problem was probably the shift in what the actors were expected to do. Some of the primary speaking characters were gone either the full or much of the season, and some of the action characters (like 4) who previously only had a few small, to the point lines here and there became focal speaking characters (5 took on a larger role in that department as well it seemed), and they just couldn’t deliver as well for everything so it seemed a bit jarring at times. Still good, just wasn’t as good as previous seasons to me.

Also, the later Android/Portia stuff they through it seemed cool, and then when I thought about it, it kinda undercut some previous conflicts and produced a bit of a plot hole with the ‘factory reset’ bit they did previously.

1 Like