Dad wants a keyboard with wide space between keys

Apparently a normal keyboard is not good enough for him, he wants one with larger spacing between the keys as he complains of hitting multiple keys at once. He does not want a keyboard with large keys and small gaps. Just normal keys with larger than normal gaps. Does this even exist?

Has he tried a mechanical keyboard like the CM STORM Quickfire TK.. Took me a little time to get used to the wider gaps between keys, but it's amazing

Just took a measurement.. There are 7mm between the keys.

ive got the CM STORM devastator keyboard and its got quite a big space in between the keys not massive but a nice size

Yeah I think it's the same as the quickfire, but the devastator looks a little more gamerish than the quickfire :)

Thanks guys, is it quiet? I forgot to mention that requirement.

His Logitech keyboard has about a 4mm gap, he says 7mm would be a vast improvement.

the devastator is not exactly quit but does he really need a quiet keyboard?

or he could learn to type properly. . . . . . .

1 Like

This keyboard might appeal to your Dad. You would have to source one for your own country, if you're not in the UK.

Link: http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/peripherals/keyboards/5060260730340.html

There is this one for the USA.

Link: http://www.morekeyboard.com/

You can get O-rings that reduce noise and travel distance. Like these:

O-RINGS!

Better not let those O Rings get bellow 10 degrees Celsius!

1 Like

Why?

It's a space joke, although it's a bit morbid.

Oh.. Oh god, it went over my head at first. But anyways I 4th the motion for quickfire.

1 Like

What about the Apple chicklet keyboards?

A mechanical keyboard switch with a tactile bump (cherry blues or browns) would definitely help him with miss keystrokes.

If quiteness is a requirement then this is an issue. Blues are loud. Browns aren't as bad and apparently pretty good if rubber o-rings are applied to switch for sound dampening. This is something that must be tested out beforehand though.

Yeah I suspect what he wants probably does not exist.

I like the idea of the O rings but I don't like the idea of fitting them all myself. I might buy a bag to play with just on their own though. They look fun.

Do tell