Cyberpunk 2077 — Launch

A german games magazine tested the Ryzen fix on a 3600X woth a 2070 Super and noticed the following FPS increases:

Medium:

• 1080p --> 22%
  • 1440p --> 12%
  • 2160p --> 6%

Ultra:

• 1080p --> 11%
  • 1440p --> 0%
  • 2160p --> 0%

They also tested the threadpool thingy but didn’t notice any change in performance.

2 Likes

Anyone who watches/listens to Joe Rogan’s podcast should know who this is. My world just got smaller all of the sudden.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Sad but true

Probability more coding work that the devs don’t have a priority for. It’s like they said in the marketing, style over substance.

I’d blame execs more for rushing it. They should have held off on the annoucement until they had everything ready

1 Like

Physics and A.I. for motorcycles requires work and I just don’t think with the new people CDPR hired to replace the OGs in their studio can’t cut it (most got replaced with former Mass Effect Andromeda team). They probably tried it but ended up like Getaway 2 (PS2 game), NPCs crashing on motorcycle chases.

1 Like

If that’s true suddenly things make a lot of sense.

Tried to run it with latest Mesa git. Got greeted by this after the inevitable reset: https://hastebin.com/raw/megegomine

I’ll be waiting a little bit for it to stabilize.

There was a telephone conference where CDPR addressed the state of the game:

The keypoints are the following:

• management pushed the release of CP2077
  • management did not properly understand the issues the game still had
  • last gen did not receive proper amount of time
  • QA tests were performed at home and they were also reduced in numbers
  • they will continue to provide patches
3 Likes

Just curious, what hardware do you have? Mesa 21 git seems to work fine for me on a Ryzen 3700X + Vega 56, Fedora 33.

EDIT: Performance is kind of meh considering the visual quality @1440p Medium, but it does run without error.

Why is it that management is always a problem? It’s seemingly everywhere.

Jackie Wells drove a bike in the beginning of the game.

Other than that, I’ve seen no one else drive one.

I don’t think management is that much the problem, but they are the ones making the decisions. So, it is easy to shift the blame on them.

But - as stated above - this could have been a conscious decision. Similar to the saying better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission. This assumes that the overall impact on the company would have been higher if they had released it later.

2 Likes

Scripted, no actual npcs in the world rides one.

1 Like

Fixes made by the community besides the AMD Ryzen multi-threading fix so far.

Basically, it’s to reconfigure to properly take advantage of your CPU and GPU specific pool specifically to your rig.