Cyberpunk 2077 — Launch

“Radeon™ Software In-Game Overlay”

2 Likes

also “owo” as the kids say

Pretty well known that Multiplayer is coming :stuck_out_tongue:

dont know how accurate this is because i have an i5 but worth a glance for you ryzen people

1 Like

Posted above, but that reminded me to include it in the OP. If there any good guides lmk and I can update the first post

Similar to @trickkynickk there is also an unofficial patch for Cyberpunk’s SMT issue:

@Zibob I’ve stumbled over those file(s) as well, but I didn’t play around with them yet. Which of those values did you change? Do we know what they do? My game has no issues allocating roughly 8-9GB VRAM.

Just the CPUpool and GPUpool, set GPU to your VRAM size and CPU to what you are comfortable with, leave enough for the rest of the system.

@trickkynickk I have been discussing this with friends and the thing that keeps coming back around is, none of the bugs seems universal, everyone seems to have something g different not working correctly on seemingly identical systems. So I do believe you can be using the proper amount of memory but other people in real time tried it as we were talking and got huge improvements from just that.

The SMT thing is real, it only applies to AMD, same with the AVX being required and failing on some.people AMD systems. Bithnof which are suspected to be linked to the original PS4 and xBox one hardware running older Jaguar (FX) cores that don’t really have SMT. This game seems to be a pretty shockingly lazy console port. It is almost completely unaware of what PCs are capable of and do not take advantage of them correctly.

For additional info the Durango and Orbis referenced in the memory pools are the code names for xBox one and PS4, the very consoles that struggle the worst with the game, they are largely the cause of the delays too apparently as they could and evidently still can’t get the game to work anywhere near acceptably on.

Looks like all the crunch time for it went into just those two consoles and nothing else was worked on beyond getting it working and we will patch it later.

1 Like

I added it to op

Thanks, I will try dabbling around with these values then :slight_smile:

This is almost certainly not the case. The game runs best on PC and as to my knowledge, it was developed for PCs and scaled down to consoles instead of developing for consoles and scaling up for PCs. Naturally, they have to consider consoles when they develop a game for that but the game was developed for PC first and foremost.

However, I assume AMD as a brand (CPU and GPU) entered their consideration rather later than sooner. So, we can also assume their workstations had Intel CPUs and Nvidia GPUs.

But yeah, the game would have needed additional time but they had to release it for Christmas. But I’m glad I didn’t have to make this decision.

Lazy maybe was not the right word but definitely untested and unfinished.

I have heard what you are say being repeated and stated as their intention but the real world, light of day, of it suggests that if it was developed for PC first that stopped somewhere along the line and all focus transferred to making sure it worked on consoles as PC can “Brute Force” and be fine and playable where the consoles needed, and still need, huge work to get it even playable. I mean 16 FPS in fire fights on the PS4 is just… I don’t even have words. Up to 20 seconds for geometry and textures of the city to load, if they load at all?

I don’t mean to make it sound like PC has it bad, it is the best version by a VERY long way, but it is still rather shocking seeing the problems and near infinite snag list of features that should be amongst the first implemented that just don’t exist yet. Like Keyboard is a perfect example, you can’t reassign any number row key past I think 6? Or Enter or the arrow keys and seemingly random numpad keys too. Stuff that 90% of us will never notice but the lefties out there are big pissed.

Or to out it another way, it is a PC game where the controller is the best input for a lot of people… Very odd if it was PC first.

Ryzen has been around long enough for them to be aware and have tested on it for a long time, but still basic things like SMT being ignored? PC first eh? Same with the AVX thing.

I will still go back to, it runs fine, mostly, and is very enjoyable even just to watch, but this game IS NOT FINISHED. When streamers are getting as much fun out of playing bug bingo with it as the actual story something is wrong, this is Bethesda level work, not CD Projekt. T-Pose hunting, missing limbs rayman style, phasing through walls, people just vanishing into mist because their AI broke? All sound like a polished game to me right?

It is good, it is fun, it is broken it is not finished.

Edit: oh yeah so untested it was giving people epileptic seizures… Basic early development stuff, stuff that is required to pass validation for release and didn’t. Just wow.

I do think that is a difference. It can be developed on the PC as a lead platform, but during polishing the focus probably was on consoles first and foremost. (I’m wondering how it would have looked like in November…)
Regarding console optimisation, I might have gone a different way. For example, making the consoles use 960p instead of 1080p or reducing visual fidelity even further and maybe try to get 60fps to work. Visual fidelity could have been increased with patches again, but the game would have been playable at least. (Then again, reddit would be full of CP looks like crap posts…)

Ok, I don’t use keys further away than 6 anyway, so I didn’t notice that. I’m also left-handed btw., but I’m using my PC like a right handed person. It seems many left-handed people do that - at least all that I know - which of course reduces the chance of things like that being noticed.

I don’t get that to be honest. The controls work just fine and as any first-person game does. I mean true, I would have liked to re-assign use key to something else and I also would have liked to have the ability to walk. But I don’t get why people apparently use a controller if they didn’t intend to do so in the first place…

Regarding the rest of your post: Yeah, it is definitely not finished and there are a bugs. Quite a lot of them actually. But as mentioned above, this doesn’t contradict the narrative that it has been developed on PC first. Also, CD Projekt does not really have a track-record of developing bugfree games. While Witcher 3 was OK, Witcher 1 and 2 had their fair share of problems. However, CD Projekt addressed those issues and fixed them, while Bethesda doesn’t seem to care.

2 Likes

My brother is one of the lefties that uses left handed controls, he wanted to use keyboard and mouse and can’t play the game to any practical level wit out a controller.

Yes it is a small thing and less likely to be caught but am I really to believe the nobody testing the game (and testing seems ever less likely to have been done) is left handed and didn’t raise the point? Not one?

Yeah I did not expect perfect out.of the box that just doesn’t happen these days any more but this smacks more of being pushed to release by someone else, maybe consoles (it was meant to be a launch title), maybe investors (it was delayed 4 times), maybe management (Christmas is a big selling period) and over all it is fine but at the same time they always kept with the marketing that it would be done and that just kept slipping, what happened to When its finished.

Over all I am not unhappy just taken a back by the level of inconsistency in it. It works, just, well maybe sometimes(ask @fredrich_nietze), but I have no idea how it got past release validation for the consoles where the standard is enforced. PC you can do what you like, but yeah actively endangering a small group of people because you skipped a flash seizure test is kind of well terrifying. I really wonder what those offices look like internally.

1 Like

game no worky for me. on windows 8.1 read somewhere on another forums that cyberpunk wants a very specific version of windows 10 with a specific version of dx12 and refuses to run on anything else. for some reason microsoft is now letting game devs use dx12 on win 7 but not 8, not sure if win 7 is working or not.
over a year ago cyberpunk announced it was going to work on vulkan and linux, but cant even boot much less tell it to run in vulkan, and apparently a lot of linux gamers are having difficultys =/
apparently it is possible on linux with a specific version of proton + mesa + a amd gpu. if nothing changes in a month or so i’ll reluctantly start messing around in linux to see if i cant get it working. got witcher 3, skyrim, cs, ect working in linux back in the early days but all the bugs and frame isuses made me quit linux gaming and throw it all on windows.
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Cyberpunk-2077-Proton-Linux

1 Like

An well, yeah… Sorry I don’t mean to offend but it is not supporting 8.1 at all. Very little is these days, I was on 8.1 for ages and AMD stopped releasing GPU drivers a year or so ago, maybe more.

Yeah at this stage, as good as CD Projekt and GOG are, I hold absolutely no hopenof them.supporting Linux, Witcher 3 and GOG Galaxy were both meant to have native Linux and those have never happened.

I don’t think they are as outright hostile to it as the likes of EPIC but it is simply not worth it for them, and you can buy the windows copies and run them through Proton pretty much perfectly.

Yeah, don’t get my wrong I absolutely agree that this should be possible. However, there aren’t that many left-handed folks who control their PC in a non-conventional way. I guess that could be a reason why no-one noticed. I certainly believe it to be possible, that not a single person noticed.

However, I’m quite sure the bugs were noticed and I think it was pushed for christmas. As to my knowledge, CD Projekt is a publicly traded company and therefore shareholders have to be satisfied to a certain degree. They probably didn’t really mind the one month delay, but being released after Christmas would have been an issue.

I haven’t thought about that yet, but that’s a good question!

Isn’t Windows 8 EOF? I think I read that a while ago, might be wrong though…

I think currently, they have more pressing issues. But yeah, Vulkan support would have been nice. That being said, doesn’t it run on Stadia? Therefore, shouldn’t there be Vulkan support in some way, shape or form?

Also, CD Projekt released an apology letter:

1 Like

If anything, I’m still holding out, until assured all bigly bugs, are stomped out. Also enough benchmarking made, across effectively bulk of tech released in last few years [regardless if Reference / AIB derived variant].

I hope someone tests away, with a 6C Phenom II-based setup, just for sh!ts and giggles

To clear something up about the SMT ‘issue’

And yes the game DOES suffer SMT resource contention problems on AMD processors which may or may not be patched in future.
Besides the placebo improvement from seeing more thread load the game performance barely changes, but you do get a chance for more resource load stalls and thread sync issues.

2 Likes

lol GoG 100% of your money goes to CD Projekt Group, that dosent make it look good for them imo

Thanks for digging that up :slight_smile:

Well, sure they are having issues now but to be honest. Why would I want the money to go to Valve or Epic, when I can buy it somewhere so 100% goes to the developers? I mean, if they messed it up enough I can always get a refund. But if I decide to purchase the game, I would always use the option where the developer gets the most of it. (If this option is convenient enough for my taste.)

1 Like

I bought this game for my brother literally two seconds after he had already bought it himself, and honestly, at the moment I’m kind of glad that he returned the copy I bought him. It’s nowhere near as bad as when I bought myself No Man’s Sky on launch, and it doesn’t seem to be on the same planet as the Fallout 76 debacle, but I knew from the get-go, especially given how many times CDP delayed this game that it was never going to live up to the hype on Day 1.

We’ll be running it on a couple systems, one a Ryzen 1600, the other an E5-2680v2, both running 1070s, so we’ll see how it goes. Sure as hell won’t be running at ultra, though.

1 Like