Cyberpunk 2077 — Launch

The first link to the AMD Ryzen Multi-treading fix is the nexus mod that incorporates the CPU&GPU pool size fix from the two reddit threads.

Looks like the mod author incorporated other fixes into the original AMD SMT fix. No need to bother with the reddit links, I just posted those to give credit to the people that found fixes.

1 Like

I see they are utilizing Bethesda’s approach and allow modders to fix their game for free. Interesting choice lets see how this plays out.

1 Like

Free labor

I added this to OP

1 Like

I was pretty shocked too. My system is fine.

I have had a look at the dumped ini file and one interesting thing I discovered was the following lines:

[RayTracing/BottomLevelCache]
Budget = 209715200                          // 200MiB
EvictAgeLimit = 10

I figured I might as well bump it up like so:

Budget = 629145600                          // 600MiB
EvictAgeLimit = 20

I don’t know if this will change or improve anything. Maybe I will look at my VRAM consumption and then bump it up even more to see what happens, e.g.:

Budget = 3221225472                          // 3GiB
EvictAgeLimit = 60

Edit: Should stuff like this be in a dedicated thread or should I post the outcome here?

These entries could also be of interest:

[ResourceBank]
GameResourceCacheExpirySeconds = 20

[ResourceLoaderThrottler]
DedicatedDecompressionMemoryBytes = 1048576
FloodMinNonLoadingThreads = 2
StreamMaxLoadingThreads = 2
TrickleMaxLoadingThreads = 1

[World/Streaming/PersistencyCache]
MaxEntriesPerPage = 8
PoolBudgetKB = 4096

Bumping them up could also help :slight_smile:

1 Like

For now I think it is alrigj while all the thoughts and information gets worked out, there is a lot of confused and conflicting information.

A community initiative for actual verified, check the numbers testing would be good to sort out what actually works and what doesn’t, and if it is hardware dependent, like Intel vs AMD or nvidia vs AMD systems.

Added to op

I tested those values a bit and it seems like my VRAM allocation did increase by 500MiB-1GiB in V’s apartment. I will need further tests still to confirm that it is working of course, but for now I will leave this value like above.

Edit: I’m wondering though if increasing EvictAgeLimit makes sense and if just increading the cache shod do the trick. Any theoretical input here?

1 Like

GoG store censors an indie game…

We know what happened with Blizzard when they decided to side with the government over there, looks like they’re following in their footsteps.

GTA was released in 2013 btw.

1 Like

lmao

I wish more people would recognize the main issues that caused this messy release. The industry (name any large company) executives only care about release dates and continue to force people into deadlines that are unrealistic if not impossible.

Good comparisons on the person who showed this material but the video only highlights the rough edges and ignores their root cause.

Given the impossible deadline, this game feels like the focus was looks first, character customization second, and everything else third.

This has been mentioned in the L1 News: Listen to the stockholder meetings to see what the company thinks of you. It may not be as “evil” as the rest of the gaming industry but the work climate is identical. Developers were working nonstop to meet the deadline.

I won’t purchase this if I have to rely on mods for hardware working as it should.

1 Like

I’ve heard a billion issues but what if those went away, is the base game solid? The multiple storylines quickly converging to one sounds unfixable, how relevant is that? If there wasn’t a DLC level overhaul of the story is there enough content and gameplay to have a satisfying experience?

On the face of it it looks like GTAV with a dash of Deus Ex but not as good as either. What would it take to be better? I don’t mind playing the original Deus Ex forever but it would be nice if there was a worthy successor one day.

Its like Hype for Skyrim. Full of bugs and people love it :slight_smile:
Can we mod cyberpunk 2077 ?

I’ve heard is runs on linux with the latest drivers. Fedora should do :slight_smile:

Regardless of the bugs, on PC not console, it is absolutely a solid base game. It has some issues with AI that can be annoying like a squad cops spawning literally right behind you and unleashing upon you, there is pretty much no defending against that in game. But the game is good, the story if a little odd when you think of certain details, is good. I have only been watching my brother play it but I enjoy it immensely and it is hilarious the way you can decide how to do missions, he is doing an impromptu chaos run where most of the options are ignored and he just starts blasting his way through situations instead of talking them out or doing something sane. Yeah there aren’t really multiple storylines but there is huge amounts of side lore and world building if you take time to read them every now and then.

I would absolutely say it is satisfying as it is, most of the bugs are cosmetic or inconsequential to the actual story and mission. It is the kind of thing where if/when they are all fixed the game will be an all round excellent game but right now there is plenty to enjoy just with rough edges.

I would lightly interject to say something like:

• GTA V has been also getting patches for the last 7 years.
  • Cyberbug 0.2.77 is only been released for 7 days

So a fair comparison would be to see how polished Cyberbug is in 2027.

I think I mean this 1/5 seriously :thinking:

4 Likes

Has anybody encountered the “corrupted savegame” bug?

I heard from folks that a savegame file => 8192kB can’t be loaded but haven’t been able to verify that just yet.

Unless CDPR drop the ball big time the bugs certainly will be inconsequential to me as it’ll be years before I play it. Hopefully it’s more than just fun in an open world kind of way.

I hope it gets polished and mods flourished too, especially ai and gameplay mechanic mods.