Cyberlink PowerDVD 16.0 vs 18.0

Well I am never buying into Cyberlink again. Windows update broke 16.0 bluray support months ago. Today I decided to try the 18.0 trial and it works. The practice of not fixing software after a windows update breaks me irks me. Instead you have to buy the newest version? PowerDVD is the only legal way to watch bluray movies and tv shows, its the only software supported by mpaa for 4k blurays too. It is a really scummy thing to do, force people to buy the newest version because a windows update broke it. I am not giving them money for 18.0. I just thought I would let you guys know not to buy Cyberlink software.

Had the same shit show with ShitDVD 10, pitched them an email, waited a month and got a key for ShitDVD 12

Personal advice: There are cheap-ish dedicated bluray player. Get one of those. It saves you from a lot of hassle.

ShitDVD is a good name for it.

I purchased Power DVD about five years ago and constantly had to contact support to get them to send me a new license code. I don’t watch the DVD’s I own often but it seems like when I would go to watch one it wouldn’t work. This just happened to me about a month ago again when I wanted to watch Aliens. I am done with buying DVD’s. From now on I buy movies that are stored in provider clouds and I stream them to watch. This way all I have to do is log in and I’m good to go. Screw Cyberlink, I don’t know how they are the top rated software when they obviously do this to everybody.

sadly it is just another way the movie industry takes a bit of your bum. cyberlink pays them you pay cyberlink and the industry it is one big circle jerk. just rip it ( or download a rip and use the disk for archival purposes) i have no mercy for the mega media industry. ( legal or not if i buy the disk i will get it into the format i want like it or not. i bought the disk so the info on it is mine what i do with it only maters to me)