Customer Build - Opinions?

Hey there,

doing a build for a loyal customer who wants to upgrade his pc. Here is what I've come up with for the rig. He is an all round user who does a fair amount of gaming but really is an application junkie...as in...there are always at least 5 or 6 programs running...so with that in mind:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£162.74 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£25.45 @ Scan.co.uk)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Performance ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£100.39 @ Dabs)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory (£97.21 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£97.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card (£299.75 @ Scan.co.uk)
Sound Card: Asus Xonar DSX 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card (£42.98 @ Dabs)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Titanium Grey) ATX Mid Tower Case (£92.21 @ Scan.co.uk)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£86.10 @ Scan.co.uk)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer (£13.98 @ Novatech)
Total: £1018.80

He already has a wonderful SSD that he's asked me to install in the build. Let me know your thoughts. Any suggestions? (I usually go AMD for CPU but seen as this isn't just for gaming I wanted to play it safe and go Intel.)

The build seems pretty great and the case is amazing! (I have one myself :P) I would change a few things if it were me, no disrespect i'm just saying what I would do :), I might go with (2x8GB) Memory instead of (4x4) incase for whatever reason he wants more someday? And I personally would go with NViDIA maybe a GeForce GTX 680 3GB GDDR5?

Yeah I was contemplating the 680 for it. I'm going to stick with my RAM choice because A: it runs at 2133 mhz so speed will be no problem and B: it looks well with the motherboard...yum...look at that red on red. The NVIDIA option is a definate maybe though...

Ahh, you're right that would look amazing :P, and yea no obvious reason that either is deifnatly better especially if he does not just play one game. :)

I'm guessing you're expierienced in building PC's would you mind looking at my forum post and giving it some thought? It should be around the top titled: PC Build and Motherboard selection (HELP)  It would help me out alot :)