Curved Monitors: 27" vs 32"- Which size is better overall?

Well, the title pretty much says it all: Trying to determine which would be better overall before I’m ready to buy. I know the post I made several days ago clearly stated that I was (at the time) torn between 4 different monitors for my build. But thankfully, I’ve managed to narrow it down to 2.

So the 2 monitors I’m torn between now are the MSI Optix MPG27CQ & the MSI Optix MAG321CQR. Would a 32" curved monitor provide a sharper, clearer image over a 27" curved monitor? Or would a 27" curved monitor be somehow better? Please DO let me know your thoughts, comments, opinions & advice on the matter & if you happen to need further details about this or have any questions for me, be sure to hit me up & I’ll be sure to get back to you! :slight_smile:

Thank you to anyone who might be able to help me this!

This is a big fat depends.

How far away from the monitor do you sit?
Do you have other monitors?
If so what size and resolution?

2 Likes

As far as how far I’ll be sitting from the monitor, I would guess it will be anywhere from 6 inches to maybe 2 feet away at the most. As for my gaming setup, I don’t really plan on having any other monitors. BTW, I should mention that both of the monitors I’m torn between are 2560x1440 just to make you aware. :slight_smile:

Then the 27" would be my recommendation. I think the 32 would be a bit too large for a gaming setup. Too much to keep track of with it up that close IMO. The 27 will also offer better pixel density making it appear slightly sharper even though it really isnt.

So you really think the Optix MPG27CQ would be better overall for like dekstop usage & gaming? :thinking: (I only took a wild guess as to how far I’ll be sitting away from it. But this is still a hard call for me as I’ve never yet owned a desktop pc & monitor before.)

I sit about 2.5’ away from my GN32q. Depending on the game it can be a little too big to focus on the whole thing. I’m doubtful either will be a bad choice, I just think the 27 will be a slightly better choice for your use case.

Yeah. I just measured how far I tend to sit the times I use my mom’s desktop & I sit comfortably about 2.5’ from the screen as my eyes are pretty good for the most part. So I think I’ll take your advice & lean more toward the Optix MPG27CQ. I’m sure I might like it more than I expect once I have it & my setup is all ready. Thank you very much! :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.