"Culture"

Ours was taught by our SAPR if I remember correctly, so we couldn't give him too much shit. We could tell he didn't believe it any more than any of us did. But it had to be done.

Ours was done by a DOD civilian. She asked questions. All the people in our group (including the females) were freaks. She had no idea how to deal with us.

#nukeschoolthings

1 Like

That means they raped each other, so it cancels out. lol

1 Like

I don't remember doing it in nuke school, but then again I failed out of A school because once the BMS (I think that was what it was called if I remember correclty...basic machinery school or something like that) instructor started talking about what we were going to actually be doing I didn't want to do it any more. It was at that moment that I realized that my recruiters definitely hyped it up. So I did my mando study hours, took plenty of smoke breaks to stay awake, and just barely skimmed by.

I remember my SLPO walking in, pulling me out the day of the final, and telling me that it didn't really matter what grade I got because I wasn't going to pass. I was so relieved.

The next 4 months at DTP was probably the best time (in terms of work, and also had a lot of good times in general) of my navy career lol. I was assigned to cleaning the base gym, but not all the equipment, just sweeping and mopping mostly. After a month or so I got it down to where it only took me a couple hours to do all of it, so I took really long smoke breaks and played games on my phone in the racquetball courts (they were almost never used). I was released from the gym at 1400 every day, but the official work day wasn't over until 1600, so I would take a nap in my room while the psych drops (who were stuck at DTP cleaning the building all day) and the people on restriction (who lived in the same building as us, but were completely segregated in a different wing) did their thing.

Duty was awesome. Only once every 6 days, and usually only stood one 3 hour watch (sometimes two, depending on manning), and the only downside was we couldn't leave base.

Sorry for off-topic rambling everyone. I'm drunk. Don't rape me pls.

1 Like

Actually just so your aware. It did not start in the 70's you only started hearing about it in the 70's.(I think this is the same for most crime)

But it's not a the strangers at the bar that you should be afraid of, yes it happens but Most Victims Know Their Attacker. About 85 to 90 percent of sexual assaults are committed by a friend or family member.