Crysis 1 Freezing/Hanging on Checkpoints/Saves and at Random

The title summarizes things pretty well. The game randomly (and especially) at checkpoints freezes for several seconds. It's annoying the living shit out of me... How can i fix this? I applied patch 1.2 which was supposed to fix memory leak issues amongst other things. So much for that...

The game itself runs flawlessly on my system, so no performance issues that may relate to it. What's up with Crysis?

Do you have pagefiling set to Off or other setting besides ?

It's automatic. I have no other options available because of that setting.

What's your pc spec, and what game client are you playing on?

edit: Try forced vsync On, and tweak Flip Queue Size through Nvidia inspector or RadeonPro/D3DOverrider for AMD on Windows 7/8 (10 doesn't support RadeonPro/D3DOverrider). Either that or changed the install location to an SSD.

That shouldn't matter anymore. The game is so old. I've got an i5 6500, 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 and a SSC 4GB 960. The game is installed on a 1TB Caviar Blue.

And client? I installed it from the disc.

That's exactly the problem, it's an old ass game. Some game engines just can't handle really high frame rate and they end up stuttering, forcing vysnc fixes this issue. If that doesn't work, try tweaking the Flip Queue Size or Max Pre-Rendered Frames under Nvidia Inspector (no more than 3 frames).

edit:
Found this. On AMD there's a Tessellation Mode settings which can limit the amount of tessellation, perhaps this could help. I don't know the equivalent on Nvidia.

Also found this:

Essentially, the article says that during Crysis 1, when Crytek was still only on PC, they didn't give much thought on proper resource management due to the available hardware for PC compared to consoles at that time. It's only when they started development for consoles that they become more conscious of optimizations.

What a bunch of tards... Yeah, Warhead was made to run on even lesser hardware, from what i've read. So i think that also = It was more optimized. And the conclusive proof of that? None of the problems i have with Crysis are present in Warhead. I started it last night. Saves, loads after checkpoints. Mint.

They set out to make the most advanced game engine the world has ever seen. But who needs mathematical perfection with said game engine? Cryteklogic, i guess... smh.

Oh, well. I'll check TweakGuides and see if there's anything i can do, should i feel the need to replay the game again some day. I'm playing Warhead atm as i've finished Crysis.