Cryptocurrency Trading

Want to here from knowledgeable people on their take of the future of bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Short term like next couple months and long term opinions. Feel free to branch off the topic. Cheers

Crypto Mega-Thread [A.K.A Cryptocurrency mining isn't for hobbyists and Ethereum's terrible]

have fun

I would keep an eye out for any move towards “closed ledger” or regulation of “open ledger” which would leave independent miners with a bunch of gpu’s that can no longer turn a profit.

I’m talking more about trading than mining. I don’t have the gpu to mine at the moment

This is the most helpful person I’ve found recently:

Bitcoin is a solid choice to invest in, as it is an established cryptocurrency and almost too big to fall. It’s mindshare is just incredible and the payment acceptance is constantly growing.
But even bitcoin comes with a risk. It has a divided community and even though it just had a hardfork on August 1st, there is likely going to be another one mid November. That’s something you should be on the lookout for…

Of course you can benefit more by investing in altcoins (IOTA e.g. seems promising), but it comes with a much higher risk as it is usually seen as a pure speculation object and has no real world functionality and cannot be used for payment.

It’s the megathread. General discussion is welcomed