Crypto Mega-Thread [A.K.A Cryptocurrency mining isn't for hobbyists and Ethereum's terrible]

Roses are red,

Zuckerberg is the Antichrist,

1 Like

That wall of over $17,000,000 USD

Merry Coinmas

Get them here:

1 Like

I just figured out the password.

At the time of me figuring out the password my measly .369 was $1,338. Should have just said $1,337 to be leet. It’s dropped some now to $1,200 worth.

Tempted to dump it for an XPS 15… but that my prove to be a dumb move in the next few months.

I mean its a really nice sweater but sixty bucks…

Well I mined 2 x 0.01 bitcoins mid year on an RX480 and the second one had my AMD 1700 in the mix too. Using nicehash too another wallet for few weeks is worth more than I paid for the RX480 and the nicehash hack stole my extra $35 incomplete 0.01 bitcoin :slight_smile:
It makes my head shake that all I did was spent a few weeks with my strix card mining but hay. Will the bubble POP or get me a vega 56 next year for free ?
The new upgrade cycle buy a new gen GFX card. Torture it for a month on mining if it lasts then bank them coins for a free upgrade in 2-3 years.

Hey guys,
I’d like to have your opinion about the coin XRB (RaiBlocks).
It’s a Cryptocurrency that utilizes the DAG (Directed Acyclic Graph) technology. It aims to be only for transfer of value and nothing fancy.
Transactions are free and pretty much instantaneous (I experienced about 5 seconds).
They claim it would scale almost infinitely, since nodes don’t have to store the whole blockchain history but only the balance of each account and mostly observe transactions. They can also run on pretty lightweight hardware atm, though they would need to be more powerful with more transactions on the network.

https://raiblocks.net/

4 Likes

And down they go

1 Like

Yes, looks like it is crashing, right?

Everybody panic, sell sell sell!

Just panic if youd ask me, but the volumes .

Lol it crashed.

Well, I wouldn’t call it a crash. It dropped from around 20k to 12k. This seems reasonable, I just bought my first partial share again, if it continues to drop I’ll sell it again (no biggy) and reinvest at around 8k…

Its buy now time :stuck_out_tongue: maybe !
Bitcoin crashed/recovered several times in 2017. 2018 who knows

Considering it is still sitting at 70% above a month ago, this isn’t a crash. It’s a minor correction to retest supports. Shake out the idiots who mortgaged their house for bitcoin.

Seen a few posts in Reddit, “I refinanced my house and bought bitcoin at $19k, what do I do?”

Makes me laugh, especially since they will sell even though in a months time, this will be a distant memory.

5 Likes

Just FYI.

1 Like

generally
at first it was on cpu,
but the gpu faaar out paces the cpu
and in turn, ASIC far out paces the Gpu

i mine with all gpus still just fine tho.

when you put a rig together, its like strapping a rocket ships worth of GPU to a little tricycle worth of cpu and mobo
pretty much just enough power to run your operating system lol

1 Like

cos pc gaming is SOO expensive
BUWAHAHA
the gpu pays for itself in like 5 months with pc gaming
but people still say its sub par to consoles

2 Likes

Nude cats aside :slight_smile:

Less even. ETN is paying out ~$7-$8/day, per vega, with the right pool. It was more a week ago, but the network hash-rate practically doubled overnight…
Thanks Nicehash…