Crossover WQHD 34" Korean Monitor Review - Freesync 95hz AH-IPS | Level One Techs

You don’t really have another choice…
I thought the green line served as an example, cause otherwise the test doesn’t make any sense.

1 Like

Ah it doesn’t matter. I have now taken pictures of the ports being empty and then took some pictures of the messages No Cable and power saving. They can’t deny anything now the monitor is broken. Monday i will request a return reasone defect. That’s it.

O and thank you for replaying you are right the “green line” is in my case those vertical lines it’s just those guys don’t now how to english i guess.

Is anybody here experienced with RMA with dream-seller? I got two options in their broken english:

First, you pay for delivery fee and attach a receipt of delivery fee
we will give you $499.90 + $56.87 EURO,Which means $67.69 USD
or
Second you sent the monitor collectible freight (= freight forward)

Then becaues i didn’t knew what that “= freight forward” meant i decied to go with the first one. Now they want to send me the 499$ + shipping back? why? I clearly stated that i want a RMA not a refund?

EDIT: Or wait… is there no RMA and my only option is to send the monitor back and get a refund? @wendell how did you proceed if a monitor was broken?

I did the freight option. I think it’s refund, buy another or mail it back and they fix it and mail it back to you

1 Like

Has anyone from the UK purchaced one of these, any import duty ? Also has anyone bought the (limited) edition, the one that is on special ?

Dude ia that a radiator behind the monitor ? Id keep that switched off if i where you, congrats on the screen though, looks incredible, i might order one tonight, i dont know if i should go for the perfect or the limited, the limited is on special this week for 379 british pounds, thats a steal.

@wendell i saw your review of this monitor and i loved it, the way you opened the box :100:, if you have any knowledge for what i am about to ask then your feedback would be appreciated, this monitor is sold in a few ways, i know everyone is saying to go for the perfect pixel option, so is the perfect pixel tested before shipping by someone for defects or is it just like an insurance policy where if you receive something with more then 3 dead pixels then they are obliged to change it for you ?

Buy the Perfect Pixel version. The perfect pixel version you can make an offer to lower the price. For me, I just added $30 so it cost $530 USD as compared to the $499 that was on sale. Worth it in my opinion. No issues encountered thus far. $30 is worth the peace of mind for a better quality product.

Thank you for the advice, what i wanted to know is if the perfect pixel undergoes any additional inspection or is it like an insurance where basicaly they will just ship out a monitor no different than the the one on offer but i will get a guarantee they will swap or refund if there are more than 3 dead pixels ?

Most likely. These are probably the panels that has gone thru Quality Check and testing hence the added cost. The warranty for replacement goes to all models regardless. There are people who have already done the exchange from a different forum but the hassle of sending it back would cost you an arm and a leg.

1 Like

Thank you for helping me out, i was wondering what cable brand/make for display port, since the resplution is so high and the refresh is 95hz, i will need to get a 5 meter cable because thats how far the pc is from the motitor, been looking online and am confused with what cable to go for, at five meters i will need a cable that will be atleast 24awg, what do you think ?

All cables works the same in my opinion whether HDMI or Display port regardless of the brand. As for the length, the shorter the better of course but there are generic displayport cables that you might want to consider if your issue is the length. The least known brands are longer but i’m really not familiar with the brands. Try Amazon or Micro Center. Did you already purchase the monitor? :slight_smile:

The monitor is on its way, been looking on amazon for the displayport cable, some users are clever enough to leave a review of the length they bought and what refresh and resolution they managed to get out of it, ive found one cable on amazon with a review from someone that stated he managed to get 3440x1440 at a 100hz with the length been 5 meters, i might order that one and see if it can do what the user claimed.

2 Likes

Arrived today, no dead pixels, just some minor backlight bleed on bottom left corner, i tried pulling the metal frame a little on the bottom and it seemed to help a little, still visible but not as bad as first, i did try to losen the screw a little but dint notice much diference. Overal great monitor, just some backlight bleed like i mentioned, oh by the way, the 95hz works on hdmi 4, i have a 5 meter hdmi 2.0 cable and i saw somewere online that the hdmi 4 port on this monitor is hdmi 2.0, i tried and it work, it posts with 95hz, as for freesync i dont have an amd card ao i cant test that feature, overal very happy so far

Has anyone played around with brightness/contrast/backlight, been trying to find a good allrounder.

After testing the monitor for a few days, what i have noticed with hdmi 4 been a 2.0 version is that with my 5 meter cable when switching from 60hz to 95hz i loose the sound from the monitor’s speakers, could be a tad long and there is a signal drop ? Can anyone shed some light as why the sound would cut off when switching to 95hz ?

So today arrived a displayport cable from amazon, a user that had bought it had left a comment that he managed to get 3440x1440 at a 100hz, this cable is 5 meter length, sad to say it dint workout for me but i am lucky that my 5 meter hdmi cable can deliver exactly that, funny how the 5 meter hdmi 2.0 cable can deliver 3440x1440 at a 100hz, i read online that the displayport 1.2 is rated at a 17.2 gbps bandwith and the hdmi 2.0 is rated at 18 gbps bandwidth, from my experience with this monitor the hdmi worked like a charm.

Got the monitor today. Using it for 2 hours and looking good. Just one wired thing the HDMI 2.0 port doesn’t go over 1080p60. Will look at that later. Again no dead pixels just little bleeding in the bottom left corner. I think this is on every monitor.

What i would suggest if anybody is buying, go for the perfect pixel one. Not because of the pixels but they are checked longer and you will have an even lesser chance or zero by getting a defect one like i did.

Now i just want to thank Wendell for sharing this awesome thing of a monitor :smiley: despite the problems there is little competition for such price.

Went to order mine today but the estimated delivery is 2 Jan! Damn was too slow. :frowning:

wait a bit, new model out, hits 100hz, video out today or tomorrow. :smiley:

4 Likes