Creality CR-10 3D Printer

No, virtually none.
Some hair scratches but that’s it.
Just be somewhat gentle and don’t use sharp knives on it.

Sometimes you do however need to use quite some force trying to get a print off.
(I need to be careful to not break the glass it’s put uppon).
But nothing to bad.

Does anyone know of any Cura settings where the bed will stay heated if the filament runs out? I went to bed last night and woke up to a filament change error. Problem is, the slightest touch and the print comes off the bed. I guess I can just reheat the bed before I make the filament change, but I’m not sure how it’d stick again.

Anyway, if there’s a setting in Cura, I can’t find it. Thanks.

With your printer settings you can put “before” and “after” printing GCODE.
You could change the after printing GCODE to activate the heated bed.

(I-am not at home so i can’t check how and where exactly sorry.)

settings/printer/manage printer … machine settings button

Awesome, thanks! That’s great to know.

Another question: Anyone have any luck with supports in Cura? Someone mentioned S3D above but I’d like to use Cura. Right now my support either 1) are impossible to get off, 2) don’t provide enough support, and/or 3) cause excessive stringing. Anyone willing to post their support settings from Cura here?

Thanks.

when I do supports, which is as little as possible, I prefer to flip the model around to make it so supports are not required, if at all possible. Anyways I only support the from the base, I have never had any problems taking them off… I am at work currently, but I will double check my settings, I don’t think there was anything else… but can’t be sure.

Ok so I bought a second CR-10S the other day and I found some unique differences between the new one and my old one. I was wondering if you guys could help me out with the problems.

1. The displays are different along with the options menu. One of the best things about the new CR-10S is the bed leveling time. On the old one you have to press bed leveling then get the leveling done before it reverts to the main screen. The new one just pauses and waits for further user input.

Question: Is there a way to load the new software onto my old printer?

1. The print quality is different. I used the same filament and the same S3D settings but got different results. The top print is from the new printer, bottom from old.

Question: Do you guys think this is a tuning issue with the physical settings of the printer? I leveled both using the paper method. Have any of you seen the Z-axis gantry to be significantly off? Do you think the newer CR-10S control software would make a difference in the print quality?

Here are the differences between the old and new printers:

1. Old has dampers on X and Y axis motors to quiet it down
  2. Old has after-market HICTOP aluminum extruder (Amazon Link)
  3. The new printer has insulated heat bed, the old one does not
  4. New printer - everything is stock except for leveling knob prints (Thingiverse Link)

Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance.

I do the same thing. I have also created custom supports in Inventor, although I’d like to have them generated in my slicer. I finally bought S3D and their support creation and customization is worth the $150 for sure.

Can you tell me what brand/type PETG you used?