CPU Upgrade price of $200 and tips welcomed

Overview

I am planning to do a GPU and a CPU upgrade (for GPU :  https://teksyndicate.com/forum/gpu/graphics-card-upgrade-600-proximate/165648 )

how it will improve games?

This still has not been answered for me as I always assumed a games "needs" is all in the GPU not the CPU directly. I wish I could understand but will have to take a leap of faith. and perhaps one of you can answer it.

Compatibility

One time someone came to me and said only few Cpu cores will fit your current motherboard. I lost this "list" he gave but made me rethink on suggestions as I could of easly gotten a wrong cpu and somehow damage something. 

Prebuilt PC

I have watched videos of people building computers many times but a one time question, will a computer work fine if I change to a new cpu or will things need to be reconfigured or reformatted. 

Pre-purchase requirements!

What do I need to install this chip.

How do I protect my cpu from static

tips are extremely helpful and go ahead point out the most obvious things as I am always going though the steps to make sure I miss nothing.

System Information

------------------

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.

System Model: CG5275

Motherboard: P7H55-M

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8120MB RAM

Page File: 2974MB used, 13262MB available

DirectX: 11

Display Devices

---------------

Manufacturer / Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470

Display Memory: 4049 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1233 MB

Shared Memory: 2815 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Model: VE245

Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)

Output Type: DVI

I believe you could buy an r9 270x for 200$ because you can't buy upgrade cpu and gpu for that computer with 200$. So if you are playing games I believe the best for you is to shop amd because amd's price to performance ratio in mid/low range cards are great. Your processor may not bottleneck the GPU because it is quad core and it is running well new games. And buying a latest generation amd card there might be a chance of later on benefit from Mantle. If you don't know what AMD mantle is you can google it because it's too much to explain it here.

Oscar, the r9 270x is even worse than the gtx 470 and only adds dx11 and less heat in games.

You could get a second hand i5 or 6300 and motherboard, if you really want to upgrade but even then, really there's not much improvement to be seen. Your build is fine for most games. You'd want an FX8350 or 2500k/3750k/4670k at the minimum.

You'd had to invest serious money to actually see an improvement, and it's not worth the cost, unless you manage to sell your stuff at a decent price, and to be honest not many people are buying old videocards, that's why it's always great to go second hand when on a budget.

Is that an opinion of yours that the card 2 generations older is better than the new generation one. 270X has only 8 raster units less but 470 has alot less Stream processor units. I believe that greater performance can be achieved with 270x.