Could use some PC Build suggestions

I'm saving up to build a pc and these are the parts I am thinking about getting right now but I could also use some feedback on these parts and am open to suggestions for other quality parts. All parts and prices are from newegg

CPU: AMD FX8350 $200

GPU: Gygabyte Radeon HD 7970 Windforce edition clocked at 1000MHz $400

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ $138

SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120gb $120

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2tb $100

RAM: 2x4gb sticks of G.SKILL RipjawsX 1866 Cas Latency 8 $80

Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 750w 80 plus bronze modular $90

Case: Rosewill Blackhawk mid tower $90

Total: $1,218

Could also use some suggestions on a good after market heatsink that can fit in this case. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

PS: I am a first time builder

The list there is a very respectable rig setup. The only thing i cant really comment on are the Rosewill products.. never bought from them so your guess is as good as mine. Just dont skimp on the powersupply. Dont try to save a few bucks on the PSU its very important to have stable clean energy powering your rig. I can highly recommend the EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750 or Corsair HX850. A little more expensive but your computer will thank you.

I do have a lot of experience with Gigabyte motherboards.. the 990fxa-UD series in particular. If you plan to do any overclocking this board might not be the best choice. It WILL overclock it but i wouldnt expect high numbers out of it. The power delievery for CPU tends to be wonky at best and doesnt provide stability for higher voltages. The daddy of these boards the UD7 was purposely built to outshine the UD3 and UD5 with a super over the top power delivery system. I haven't played with Vishera at all and those chips might be more forgiving.. but Thuban chips dont overclock well on these boards. Another thing to keep in mind is that the BIOS on these boards is outdated and lacks descriptive information so you'll have to do some reading up if you plan on tweaking anything you're unfamiliar with. That being said, its a solid entry level board and well worth the money for what it delivers. 

It's gonna be a kick ass rig though man, have fun.

[EDIT]: i noticed you dont have a CPU cooler listed.. do you already have one?

Just get a XIGMATEK Dark Knight II for the money. It will fit in your case. Also this thread may help if you want a liquid cooler such as the H100 https://teksyndicate.com/forum/cases-chasis/rosewill-blackhawk-mid-tower-corsair-h100/133731

Heres my opinion

With your build you dont really need a 7970 because a high end 7950 overclocked will give you the same perfomance. i added a better ssd, smaller psu and a great case for airflow.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/10Xvg

Just don't get a reference 7970, they are loud like hell!

If you want a gigabyte card, get a windforce 7970... better cooling, and much much more quiet!

This is a Windforce 7970 clocked at 1000MHz

I don't know a lot about CPU cooling so I was hoping to get some suggestions

I just noticed that the gtx 770s are out so should I go for one of those or should I stick with the 7970?