I just got my new corsair headset and I installed the drivers but in the background and on skype their is a one tone whine its very faint but you can hear it. Is this normal or can it fixed with drivers? I'm not very happy after paying £70 for them. Any help is appreciated.
Yea you can fix that. I had the same thing on my set.
You have to go into the device properties, advanced, and set it to DVD quality instead of CD quality. That and install the Corsair Headset Software from Corsair's website. I can post a more in depth guide when I get home if you'd like...
1. Download the Corsair Vengeance Headset Software from Corsair's website.
2. Go to the sound icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen (where you set the volume level) and right click. Go to 'Playback Devices'.
3. Click on the Corsair Vengeance 1500 Headset (will be labeled as Speakers with a speaker logo but that can be corrected if you'd like).
4. Click on properties. Go to the Advanced tab.
5. Under the 'Default Format' drop down menu, select '16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)'
6. Click apply. That should fix it, I got this fix from a moderator on the Corsair forums and it's helped everyone with this problem so far. So give it a try.
As a side note, the Vengeance 1500v2 headsets don't particularly play well with USB 3 ports, so try it on a USB 2 port and see if that helps as well.