Return to Level1Techs.com

Corsair CX750 modular has enough ports?

I recently got a GTX 1080 Ti, and I need a new PSU. I’ve looked at images of the CX750, and I can’t tell if I have enough cable outputs (on the modular) for two SATA drives, 6-pin and 8-pin for the GPU, and CPU and MOBO power. Kind of a newbie question, but I’m a bit worried which is why I’m consulting y’all! Thanks so much! free netflix tech news

The standard practice is one PSU cable having 3 or 4 connections. Basically one cable can power 4 data devices.
Any unit always have separate 24 pin mobo and 8 pin CPU power. That 750W unit most likely have 4x8pin GPU power connectors…
And I’m just guessing. My 650 Seasonic unit have in total 11 data power connectors, 4 molex, 4x8pin GPU power and it’s standard 24pin motherboard and 8 pin CPU…

I’m not entirely sure Corsair is the best brand of power supplies, but you do you…

According to this you should be fine:

I’m not a big fan of the Corsair CX series - I if you have the cash I would rather say to look at something like the RM series. Better efficiency equals lower fan noise, they have better components and it comes with a 10 year warranty.

The other thing to look at is the 750w rating on that PSU isn’t true as can be seen in this test:

All the RM and higher PSU reviews I have checked could actually produce the advertised power.