Correctly using Group Policy QoS to prioritize outbound traffic?

Hey all,

I run a Minecraft server on the same computer I use everything else for and I upload videos to YouTube. I only get a 5mbps upstream, so when I upload to YouTube it maxes out my bandwidth completely causing other games and VoIP clients to lag horribly. I’m trying to figure out how to use the Group Policy editor in Windows 8.1 pro to maximize the priority on my Minecraft server and to completely minimize the priority on uploading to YouTube.

I followed several other posts and guides on how to set up a QoS policy, but I have not seen any results yet. In the Windows registry, I have HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/Tcpip/QoS/ Do no use NLA set to 1 and I have rebooted since. I don’t think I’m using the correct IP for YouTube’s upload service, though I tried a policy with any IP and any port and still saw that uploading is maximizes my bandwidth. I’m not sure what I’m missing in setting this up correctly.

You might try just listing Chrome as the application and leaving everything else on wildcard.