Core i9 9900k, i7 9700k and i5 9600k show up as preorder on Dutch site

These next generation chips just popped up in a popular dutch pricewatch.

The pre-order price in the i9 is €732,05, i7 is €299,-

The webshop that put the price on the i9 out there is not the cheapest by my experience, so expect the real price to be lower.

The shop that priced the i7 is most of the time one of the cheapest, so could be spot-on.

comparison and specs: https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/compare/1236455;1236457;1236459/

Can’t wait till the first boards pop up…

Second post on this forum. Figured it might better be a good one :wink:

1 Like

Actually the i5-9600k would be a reasonable upgrade to my i5-6500… and i would save bucks because I wouldn’t need to buy a mb. :thinking:

uh, yeah nvm 6C/6T so this would be a pass…

I could have sworn I read that the Skylake is not supported on 300-series or above chipsets and Coffee Lake and above does not support below the 300-series chipsets.

So you’d have to replace your motherboard anyways.

2 Likes

AFAIK this is correct. The bios ‘could’ be updated to work with the newer chips but is not being updated… because intel.

1 Like

Oh wow. Well, I have a z170 chipset so that wouldn’t work…

… ok, well, then I have no choice going AM4 1700x or 2700x depending on the deals.

Oh Intel, you are lost my sweet child, so lost in this deep and dark forest of cores…

1 Like

6c/6t
8c/8t
8c/16t

I really want to see how these still stack up against Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge EP, because right now the market is being subverted by people going out and buying things like 2690V2s and baseclocking the hell out of them. The end of Moore’s law has sort of painted Intel into a corner, that massive army of super old but still very powerful server processors they sold 5 years ago is coming back to haunt them.

True. I’m still running Skulltrail over here, with two X5460’s at 3.6Ghz.
Platform shows it’s age, M.2 storage has benefits that I can’t forever keep denying…
This 9900K might serve me for another ten years. Overkill for now, still fast enough in the future.

I’ve calculated the prices from the webshops that have popped up and have gone done again, with how much they deviate from standard pricing according to their 8700k pricing, rounded up a little.
If my math is right:
i7: €/$ 299,-
i9: €/$ 499,-