Cooler Master AIO am4 without clips

Picked up a coolere master 360 aio for cyber Monday, trying to install on my asrock x470

So the amd stock cooler screwed directly into the backplate, so I removed the little plastic brackets. The CM cooler only uses two little clips apparently.

Now I have the clip brackets but not the special screws they used with the backplate.

Any options, that don’t involve me having to order a replacement bracket kit, or remove the motherboard from the chassis?

1 Like

You removed the plastic mounting brackets and lost the screws? If you have the backplate and the rest of the mounting all you need is screws.
Here’s a hint - it’s pretty much the same mounting mechanism as AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, FM1, FM2 and FM2+… Find a dead board for free or super cheap with those sockets and get the screws.

Fun, huh, one clip fits all sockets all the way back to 2006…

I’ll pick through the boneyard. I got a athalon Apu board somewhere I can steal the bracket from, and use the wraith cooler with. Thanks for the tip!

You can’t steal the entire bracket. You can use the screws.
The bracket is different size so the holes won’t match. But the screws are the same, since the entire mechanism is identical. Just the size is different.

Ahh, so the wraith won’t work on the donor board. Not like I’ll be using that junker Athalon anyway.

1 Like

After stealing the screws from my A10, I found some other ones equal in length, of course. So the old A10 can have it’s screws back.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.