Content Creation Master Thread (not MegaThread)

He’s young and kinda goofy, but his content is top notch. Dude is seriously driven and motivated.

Well, there was a rumor a while back that he did actually die.

So I wasn’t sure if you had insider info that it was true.

1 Like

Vlogging is what Casey Neistat does. He needs autofocus.
Self-shooting is what L1T News, Awesome Hardware, Joker and others do. They do not need autofocus.
Very different things.

Besides, I already mentioned AF as a weak point. I also mentioned the lack of a flip screen.

The Pocket 4K has a power input, you can run it with basically whatever the heck you want. From the wall, couple NP-F, V-mount, D-tap…

And last but not least: No, this camera is not exclusive for cinema use cases, regardless of the name. Because manual operation is not harder than auto. In fact auto is way harder to understand and use correctly if you don’t understand basic things like the exposure triangle or white balance.

That is shit advice. Plain and simple.

There is no decent webcam. That simply does not exist.

1 Like

I never said it was an Exclusively Cinema use camera, only that it is not a beginner friendly camera. I am personally on the wait list in the USA for one. I have made 2 USB C drives to test out on mine once it comes in around April, But to put it simply from every single review i have seen of the camera everyone loves it with some big old buts that indicate its not a New Shooter friendly camera when you can instead pick up a used GH4 or Video Camera that the OP needs.

how is this bad advice? it is what so many people in both the freelance and corporate Professional videography do when they are trying to get into a market. Video Equipment gets expensive fast and if you are buying pro gear its going to hold up to a lot of abuse, but doesn’t hold as much value. Is a used Sony A7 II some how bad, and sure change out BH to EBAY or your preferred but used gear is a great way to go as a starting point.

I already told you why that whole concept is BS.

I agree with that. But that is not what you wrote. Had you just written “look at used stuff”, I wouldn’t have said anything. In fact (again) I made that point already.

The problem is that just looking at what is on sale doesn’t help to pick the right tool. If there are eight wrenches on sale none of those will do you any good if you need a hammer. So “buy cheap” doesn’t solve anything. And it also doesn’t help the OP to make an informed decision.

Yeah, it is. It’s rough quality 1080p for way too much money. The Panasonic G7 (that I already mentioned as a recommendation for a used camera… for fuck sake, would you please just read!?) is a way better fit. Actual 4k, able to downscale to 1080p over clean HDMI out, no overheating and dirt cheap.