PC's and Consoles Sort of Balance each others out in terms of what to get.
The Pro's of PC Gaming
1. You'll always be ahead of the Consoles interms of specs and Graphics
2. You have access to Steam sales which are awesome.
3. You Don't have to Pay to Play Online.
4. You can play all your games no matter how old they are and never have to move to another platform. like for example Skyrim is stuck on Xbox 360, and PS3, to play that game you have to play it on those consoles where on PC you can play that game 10 years from now and it you never have to buy the console again cause its on Windows.
5. You can Connect a Controller to the Computer to play games if you dont feel comfortable using the mouse and keyboard. more and more modern games on PC are Optimizing Controller use now.
Cons of PC Gaming.
1. You'll Consistantly will have to upgrade every couple of years because PC games are always getting more and more power hungry. and if you don't have the money to upgrade then you wont have a good experience with the game in terms of Graphics and Framerates
2. If You Just started PC Gaming the Learning curve is sort of difficult depending on how fast you adjust to the Mouse and Keyboard. Some people adjust faster than others.
The Pros and Cons of Consoles.
1. If You started Gaming on Consoles which I'm Pretty sure everyone has its hard to move away from your friends that you play with on a daily basis. because its like how am I going to play with my close friends now they are stuck on consoles whilst I'm on PC. which usually is the reason people dont want to jump to PC to begin with. because not everyone is going to jump with you. and you never want to be alone on PC.
2. the Games are Consoles are Optimized for those Consoles. so You never have to worry about Frame-rates and Graphics they will always be stuck at 60 FPS.
3. They are Definitely Cheaper but. in about 7 or 8 years when that Generation of Consoles are Done and over with all the games you spent will be stuck on those consoles. whilst on PC you can play them forever.
4. EXCLUSIVES: People get Consoles for Games Like Halo or Uncharted or even The Last of Us . because of the Hype that they get. and how amazing they look. it sucks that they arent on PC but its like if You're into those games its like "I NEED TO PLAY THIS"
Its a Tough Decision but in the End PC gaming is Worth it because the Games you'll love will never die with that console. Plus the games on PC are Dirt Cheap compared to Consoles.