Considering getting a RX 570 for my linux box

Currently i am running a GTX 650 Ti Boost, i have it BIOS modded with my overclock (when i 1st overclocked it there was no OC support on the linux drivers so a bios mod was the only way)
Anyway I get sustained boost clocks of 1184 to 1215 Mhz, usually holds 1215Mhz

Are there any thing things that are known to not work in linux (xubuntu 18.04) on the RX 570
by which i mean bugs/glitches/crashes

I know AMD has been going open source with there drivers, linux driver support is the reason i have been using nvidia cards, but if AMD’s linux drivers are up to par i may as well get away form proprietary nvidia drivers

There is one feature category thing i was wondering, a lot of cards have RGB stuff i do not care about, can i turn this off or add just the pwm frequency to make the flashy lights dim accent lights
I was looking as the Asus ROG Strix version, as the design looks to have good support to prevent card sag

game compatibility is worse on AMD, and if you want to use ubuntu prepare to install a patched or upated kernel.

On a rolling release they can be fine, but the nv blobs are still ahead in terms of performance and stability

1 Like

Thanks, I managed to get a 1060 3GB, not as nice of one as i would have liked but i can’t complain for the price i paid even at stock it gets the job done

Don’t forget that you can raise the power limit for overclocking in Linux too with a startup script, sudo permissions change and nvidia-smi

Do I need to use a script or can i use this option?
-pm, --persistence-mode= Set persistence mode: 0/DISABLED, 1/ENABLED