Considering a new upgrade

I personally would suggest sticking with the AMD FX-6300 for the moment. Purchasing a new motherboard and CPU should be your goal only when you feel the need - my current rig is running great - the only upgrades I'm currently considering for it are a new gfx card and probably a new CPU Cooler.

I've been watching many vids over the last few months and learning more about the main differences between the AMD and Intel CPU's and how they affect gaming - and from what I've seen, the AMD chips are great for Gaming. Upgrading to Intel is only REALLY necessary if you are going to start doing multiple heavy-load projects at once. You've stated it's just going to be gaming and watching movies/shows/youtube vids - I'd say keep to **the FX-6300** and spend the extra on a new gfx card when you feel the system isn't performing as well as you want it to, and perhaps sell off the EVGA 760 to someone else to help get a bit of cash back for it.

edit

Ok, i will stay with the 6300. Would you reccomend i get a new motherboard? for now I feel my graphics card is fine (my buddy is going to upgrade soon, so I can probably buy his Gfx card for cheap, he has the same as mine. i know it's better to have 1 really good rather than 2 good gfx cards, but it'll be cheap or free lol). And would it be a waste of money to put on a closed loop water cooler like an h100i on my 6300? My temps arent like high, but I would just like it to run cooler. Id like a 212 evo, but I think my case is to small for one. 

Ya, if you feel the need to speed it up some. Faster ram 2133 only if mb supported( but it will only improve system snap. will not do much for fraps) A small 120g ssd would do alot for overall system feel. Maybe a 770,280,285 gpu wise. A must is Advance systemcare's Smart Defrag with running just a hdd. Windows has a terrible sloppy filesytem. It will make a world of difference. Its the one i have used in the past for that. there are other programs that do similar stuff. Like someone says later, just generally cleanup your system, remove bloatware,ect.

In the end , this is what i would do. Smart defrag, clean out bloatware or old programs/never used. I am running a beta of advanced systemcare that is decent for system maintenance. If you really feel the need to spend a few dollars get a ssd for your system. Its the best upgrade you can do.

Your motherboard can't handle the power draw of an FX-8350, so you'd need a new motherboard which can get pricy.

If I were in you place. I would just wait. You are in no need to desperately upgrade anything. Wait it out see what the new and possibly next after that Intel stuff brings and what AMD are doing. You have time.

If you want better performance general PC maintenance, un install things you dont use, defrag, clean out temp stuff, empty downloads folder, really get rid of all the junk, don't leave loads of stuff running in the background after you close them and turn off stuff at boot you don't use.

Really feeling the upgrade itch? New GPU? Something you could save up for and take over to a new future PC when new stuff comes out.

FX cpu´s realy do bottleneck highend gpu´s in cpu bound games.