Return to Level1Techs.com

Consider Replying to Other People Option

discourse

Dear Beholden Level1Techs Administrators and Owners,

I come to ye bearing all that is good and Holy in these great lands. For you are wise and worthy, whereas I am not. But, prithee, I beg ye listen to my cries and woes!

We have a great community, full of subject matter experts. Often, when troubleshooting, this requires one to engage in more than a handful of replies with a single entity. We, dear owners, become accosted by the vile Discourse development team:

When approached, the unkempt, loathsome, distrustful Discourse developers place the burden of harassment on ye, precious owners!

However, knowing this to be the case (because I know the detestable scum, inside and out, and I know their thoughts and blighted ways), I believe I have discovered the culprit. Behold!

./spec/components/composer_messages_finder_spec.rb

Might ye bless us, once more, o’faithful, might ye rid our community of this wretched curse, so that we might engage, truly engage, in pure discourse?

I humbly thank thee.

Sir Valiant AdminDev IV

10 Likes

Here here!!

3 Likes

1. Nice read
  2. I second the content.
2 Likes

I too have grown to despise the Discourse overlords and their drive for inclusivity where it is not warranted/needed.

If we could exterminate such feature I’d be forever grateful

2 Likes

pinned #5

24 hours and here here

0 Likes

For taking away features like, oh, I don’t know, not scrolling to the reply I myself just wrote in a 120 reply thread whereI am half way through at best?

4 Likes

there used to be an option to turn that off

1 Like

Am aware. See first four words I wrote.

1 Like

used to?!?!?!??!
WHAT MONSTER GOT RID OF IT?

0 Likes

you answered yourself

4 Likes

What’s the justification tho…
I thought better of the overlords
apparently i was wrong lol

1 Like

Will not reply to this.

0 Likes

I see you did not just believe, but embraced the vision

The Vision

Jokes aside, they are a little stuck up.
It is a good product they have, but just barely good. Like 65/100 “good”.

4 Likes

You know, I really like XenForo 2
like a lot
less stuck up dev team
but they make you pay so… lol

I got new glasses recently, so I def. did embrace the vision, probably a bit to much
I was naive

1 Like

Just the fact we are going to have users have TL’s but the users cannot see where they stand to get upto the next TL shows how stuck up they are. Should be completely transparent and is willingly chosen not to be.

0 Likes

It should be optional. The admin should be able to configure everything.

0 Likes

Agreed but with discourse you have to convince the devs to crawl before they can walk. Just having transparency would be a step-up. The whole ignore thing where they were going to hardcode a value instead of allowing admin setting the value shows they really don’t trust their admin base.

1 Like