Confused about (O.C)

Ok so i have an ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 AM3+ AMD 760G + SB710 HDMI USB 3.0 uATX AMD Motherboard

and it says on newegg:

Memory Standard       DDR3 2000(O.C.)/1866(O.C.)/1800(O.C.)/1600(O.C.)/1333/1066

How do i get my 16gb ram kit to 1866 (its normal speed) because it is at 1333 and that is not what it says on the package.

Oh i should mentionit is a normal bios not uefi

here is a thread with some discussion and vids that may help

https://teksyndicate.com/forum/build-pc/help-needed-upgrades-and-ocing/188834

So i looked at that forum page and i have come to a conclusion and i am wondering if it is right... So i just have to overclock my ram to get it to its default setting? but it wont hurt it?

most motherboards run at 1333mhz stock and very rarely 1600mhz.  Anything higher than 1333 is considered OC.

If you're running a stock bios you're going to have to probably set the ram timings manually.  I would look at the timing information of the ram on their website and then manually set the main 5 timings:

• CAS Latency(CL)
  • RAS# to CAS# Delay(tRCD)
  • RAS# Precharge (tRP)
  • Cycle Timing(tRAS)
  • Command Rate (CR)).  

These are the important timings, usually you'll see it within the dram timing page in the bios.

You can usually tell what the timing is because they usually tell you on the product box in a form like this: (9-10-10-28-2t) or something along those lines.

Also don't forget to set up the the ram speed to 1866mhz

Thanks for this info. Its a little overwhelming seeing RAS# and tRCD and tRP because i don't know what they mean. So i will look into this more!

Basically there should be a data sheet in the website of whoever makes your RAM. It will have all the needed numbers. Fire up BIOS and just enter the numbers.

That sadi most memory sets have XMP profiles which they just need to select to get them running at the rated timings and speed.