Confirmed X670E board for Nvidia passthrough?

What X670E motherboards have people been able to get working with an Nvidia GPU as a guest?

Context:
I recently tried to get passthrough to work with the following setup:
CPU: 7950X
MOBO: Asus ProArt X670E
Host GPU: XFX 6900XT
Guest GPU: RTX 4080 Founders Edition

I kept getting Unknown PCI header type ‘127’ for device ‘0000:05:00.0’ whenever trying to start the VM. After trying for a couple weeks I eventually chalked it up to platform immaturity with the motherboard and returned it since I was at the end of the return window. Not to mention that the CPU would get about 2.7GHz for an all-core load, so it seemed like a bit of a dud overall (maybe it was defective, but I saw no explicit evidence of this).

Otherwise my setup works perfectly with my 5950x + Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero.

I’ll try to update this comment as I look further (but I suppose I should actually do work while at work).

ASrock X670E Taichi - iGPU and single AMD dGPU

I have passthrough working on the Asus ProArt X670E with a RTX 3060. Guest is Windows 11 on top of Fedora 37. I use the iGPU on the Host. I just followed some of the guides, the only catch I came across was needing to resize the bar manually, but only after updating to kernel 6.1.x if I remember correctly.

2.7 GHz on all-core load is definitely too low though. How were the thermals? Was it throttling? I get between 4.5-4.9 GHz at 80°C on a Noctua NH-D15 depending on the workload (lower for AVX workloads, higher otherwise)

Interesting. I’ll admit that I didn’t try the iGPU for the host since I wanted to have a dGPU available for the host. I was trying kernel 6.1.8, so that matches.

Thermals weren’t an issue, I even repasted 3 times over the course of all my testing. Maybe it was just a dud.

i have the aorus master ( Gigabyte X670e Aorus Master IOMMU Groups )
and i used a Quadro P2000 as test while i waited for a replacement of my 7900 - that worked.
But nvidia is a pita … i reinstalled manajro and the quadro borke the install …
took me a day to figure out that i first had to install linux than blacklist the pcie slot and drivers before plugging in the green tr**

Do you have the hardware to test if the 10gig NIC works?
If yours does, then I can probably retroactively confirm that my mobo was likely defective actually.

Yeah, Nvidia is always “fun”…

It works at 1Gb and 2.5Gb, I can’t verify if it works at 10Gb sadly.