COMPUTEX 2018 news and hardware

I know, right? Like the video above that has the new Intel process at 5Ghz.

Meanwhile, all the sites in the GPP thread were still selling AMD GPUs. Damn that pesky reality! :tired_face:

I believe I conceded when Asus branched their brand into Aruz or whatever. I even @'d nan directly. So, yeah, sorry I don’t scream the sky is falling at the first hint of something crazy lol.

I appreciate your responses (I do!), but that wasn’t my point. My point was people should chill out and not treat this as an anti-Intel sounding board :man_shrugging:

Not only is it silly to demonstrate that but to actually hide the cooling solution which will be required to make a 28 core, 5GHZ part happen is also absurd. In some ways it worked… looked at what I quoted in the TH article, Ian Cuttress also didn’t bother to question how could this be realistic in any way, shape or form. All the press is singing Intel’s praises… for something that come close to being reality.

No idea.

Looks like that is the case here too. The recycle bin should be round on windows 8 as far as I can google it. In Paul’s video it is rectangular at 1:21.

would you be willing to pay for a machine that was on for at least 6hrs a day pulling 2,000 watts of energy from the wall . cost wise would it be some thing that you dont mind paying for as its what you enjoy so cost be damned. ( conservative guess)

@RevampedTech @anon79053375 @noenken @Argone @looming-hawk

Welcome in, let’s keep this thread to computex news though.
Calling on the @moderators to enforce that, if it doesn’t happen.

What do you think intel will say the TDP is? We should start a betting poll

125 Watt

I understand. I think intel has good products but at the same time AMD and Nvidia do too. It is just the larger companies who tend to practice anti competitive ethics. In the past intel had a program in early to mid 2000s that worked against their competition. A fine was determined by EU Antitrust Regulation. This I think has happened a number of times. Same goes for nvidia. When a company gets so big they are or practically are a monopoly, they tend to become anti competitive to keep their foot hold. If AMD was a monopoly they would more than likely do what intel has done. Nvidia attempted the same thing with the partner program. If a renowned brand such as ROG was only able to brand only Nvidia gpus, wouldn’t someone that is just beginning their computer building think that rog is the beez neez because traditional ROG represented the top of ASUS’ line? Many people see intel as evil or nvidia because they in appearance sake take anti competitive measures. AMD would likely do the same thing if the shoe were on the other foot.

Their highest 28 core is only 205w right now

well there i7 6 core is “95” watt, just as my 1700 is “65” watt not at 3.95Ghz it is. Wattage on boxes or list are hmmmm little dodgy no?

Power usage and TDP are very different.

Well Intel dug there hole. Lets see this new 28 core 5Ghz chip by the end of the year. All new consumer socket / MB that pulls that CB score.

Intel already said they have problem with the new process and new chips will be next year.

Seems you can just flat out lie these days

1 Like

They didnt lie they just stretched the truth, it was capable of 5ghz, they never said that was the boost clock or that it would be achievable on all silicon.

TR1 was capable of 5.2Ghz with exotic cooling too ? Ryzen 2700X 6Ghz.

No-bothers getting a 1700W chiller to do the live benchmarks they stream because LN2 is dirt cheap and serves the same purpose.

I never claimed it was not dirty as most people are ignorant to what they had to do, but it was not a lie.

Topic cleaned.

@anon79053375 and @noenken and others.

Keep it cool, and discuss in a proper way.
Its fine to discuss on eachothers point of view,
but dont take it into a personal flame war.
Because such kind of things dont belong in an open topic.
If you have personal problems with another user,
then just take that to a private pm.
Or just flag inappopriate posts and let the moderators deal with it!.

Also check this out.

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/how-to-argue-on-the-internet/85594

1 Like

This video truly deserves it’s own thread. It described EXACTLY what Intel tried to pull off.

Thanks mom

There you go:

1 Like