Computer won't fully boot

So I mentioned this in my "Build a Render Beast" thread but I thought it might be a good idea to create a separate thread for this. Basically I just built a computer around an Asus Z10pe-d8 ws motherboard with two Xeon E5-2630 v3 processors and while it runs, it gets stuck on the load screen with the load bar only about 10% of the way complete and won't let me get into the BIOS. The boards Q-code will stop at 61 (initializing VRAM) but I think that is normal. For now I have tried quite a bit of trouble shooting and have the board stripped down to one CPU with one stick of ram and have even disconnected all the drives and double checked the cables and I'm still getting the same screen. At this point I really don't know what could be the problem. Any tips from the pros would be awesome!

Have you tried moving the GPU to a different PCI-e slot to make sure that the slot isn't bad?

Try a new GPU slot.

Try clearing the CMOS. Check your motherboard's manual - you might have a button or jumper to clear it. Otherwise, find the battery on the motherboard and remove it. Wait a minute, then put it back in.

I actually have removed the GPU entirely and am hooking to my monitor via the mobo's built in VGA. As a side note I didn't seem to be getting any video from the graphics card when it was installed, but that might be a separate problem in and of itself.

I did try resetting the CMOS, both by switching the jumper and by removing the battery.

After looking into this problem a bit, I guess the correct term is that the computer is not getting through POST. One thought I had is perhaps this motherboard needs ECC memory even thought the version before this one said it wasn't necessary. I'll have to check...

EDIT: Turns out the RAM being unbuffered was indeed the issue. I've bought and installed the correct RAM and the computer runs like a dream. Now the only problem is that I lost my old RAM's packaging and can't return it...ouch.