Computer turned off during BIOS flash, How to get it back.?

So I bought a Asus B85M-G second hand with CPU(Pentium G3220). I had to update the bios to support my CPU since I had another motherboard which was a MSI B85M-G43 suddenly died or the highly unlikely the CPU which was a Xeon E3 1231v3 since it would not post anymore. So is there any ways to recover the BIOS chip and yes I have bought the correct BIOS chip from Ebay.

Edit* talking about the Asus Board.... woops that the one that suddenly shut downed and bought the BIOS chip

ctr + F "m flash"

This motherboard supports something called crashfree bios. Check out section 2.1.3 of the manual. You just need to download the bios, put it on a usb, and boot the computer it seems.

The ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3 is an auto recovery tool that allows you to restore the BIOS file
when it fails or gets corrupted during the updating process. You can restore a corrupted BIOS
file using the motherboard support DVD or a USB flash drive that contains the updated BIOS
file.

I have got no idea how it works, looked through the comments of the Asus Youtube Video about it, on see how the heck do I do it, tried those to no avail.... btw did not have the disc for the board

Also I have tried almost everything under the sun that does not require a soldering iron and beyond.

How hot can BIOS chip withstand?Because I felt the heat on my finger radiating when I was near it and was way too hot touch for more than a second

Did you try downloading the bios zip from the asus site, extract the file onto a fat32 usb stick rename it to B85MG.CAP, plugging it into a usb port and booting the computer?
I'd probably try a usb2 port first.

The bios chip shouldn't get that hot, it isn't doing much work. Hope you didn't put it in backwards!

From the manual

2.1.3 ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3 utility
The ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3 is an auto recovery tool that allows you to restore the BIOS file
when it fails or gets corrupted during the updating process. You can restore a corrupted BIOS
file using the motherboard support DVD or a USB flash drive that contains the updated BIOS
file.
• Before using this utility, rename the BIOS file in the removable device into
B85MG.CAP.
• The BIOS file in the support DVD may not be the latest version. Download the latest
BIOS file from the ASUS website at www.asus.com.
E9884_B85M-G_v4_Manual.indb 2 2014/11/4 11:09:52
ASUS B85M-G 2-3
Recovering the BIOS
To recover the BIOS:
1. Turn on the system.
2. Insert the support DVD to the optical drive or the USB flash drive that contains the
BIOS file to the USB port.
3. The utility automatically checks the devices for the BIOS file. When found, the utility
reads the BIOS file and enters ASUS EZ Flash 2 utility automatically.
4. The system requires you to enter BIOS Setup to recover BIOS settings. To ensure
system compatibility and stability, we recommend that you press to load default
BIOS values.

Dam if this works i kinda wasted $20 AUD on a BIOS chip buuuuut at least it flashed to the latest version and always have a backup if something goes off.

the heat you mentioned is worrying

Yeah it was caused by a motherboard speaker.... i was afraid smoke looked like coming off from it also me yanking it out and not putting it back in properly... that had to do something as well.

ah i see, hope it all works out
be sure to update us

Just read the 4th Step still wondering why its not working..... whelp i'm SOL I'm getting a black screen no post but everything else works fine.

so you've got your bios renamed and plugged into a rear usb port?
maybe try having it plugged in before you power on the system

That's just recovering the settings after a re-flash.
Perhaps try plugging monitor into another port? I.e. the motherboard one if you have it in a discreet graphics card?

yah into a usb 2 port and all and no progress

i have tried a gpu.. still got blacked screened. also the cpu has a working igpu

Maybe try removing the battery and using the jumper to clear the CMOS?

If that doesn't work, I am not sure what to try. Best summarise what happened.

You had an MSI motherboard with your xeon that died, so you bought the asus board.
The new board required a BIOS update to support the new cpu?

Instead of flashing it normally using the cpu that came with the board, you bought a bios chip off ebay with the new bios already on it, and tried putting that in the asus board. Did you get it in the right way? You mentioned you put it in wrong. This could be bad and could have killed the board or bios chip... If this did happen, you could try flash the original chip with the original CPU, that might work...

Some boards allow flashing the bios without a CPU fitted, not sure this one does though.

I just bought the BIOS Chip so it's still in Taiwan, the second hand board was old and required to update to see if the Xeon CPU still worked. If I just put in Xeon as it was the motherboard wouldn't detect and so it would not POST.

So, the ASUS board wont boot with the CPU it came with?

ever since the bios flash sudden shutdown, it won't post but it starts other stuff i.e fans spin up and led light comes up.

Ah right, makes sense now.

Well, the bios recovery should work. I did some searching before, and others needed to remove the battery and clear the CMOS for a while to get a recovery to work.

I don't really have any other advice to offer, I am just google searching your problem now and reporting what i find :)